How can I publish a pre-made website template onto my yola domain?

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How can I publish a website I created using Web Matrix on my registered yola domain?

Hi, I have already attempted to resolve my problem on here by asking how, but I don't think they quite understood what I was saying.
I have made my own website template, as the design in the yola site builder do not meet my requirements.
When I go to publish my template the client asks for the server name, username and password. As these are not supplied within the domain settings on yola I am unable to create a website for my business, so I am quite unhappy.

Below is a screenshot from the client, which shows what details need to be entered:

Also here is another picture stating in more detail the details required:

Without the server name I am unable to create my site or start my online business, so I would be pleased if you could try and supply me with the details, or to solve my problem with an alternative.

Many Thanks,
Tee-Jay Dack
Photo of Tee-Jay

Tee-Jay

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Unhappy

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Hi Tee-Jay,

You cannot upload a premade site or template to Yola.

I see from your other thread you have a domain with Yola. To upload your site you would have to purchase a hosting account else-where and transfer your domain which could be very costly.

Why not try adapting one of Yola's blank styles as there is many possibilities.

Hope this helps.

John M
Photo of Cory

Cory

• 86 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Also, remember that as a Yola Silver member you get access to all premium styles and site CSS editing. If you are knowledgeable in CSS and such you can pretty much create what you want and how you want it.
Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Hi Tee-Jay,

As John M mentioned, it is not possible to upload a pre-made site into the Yola Sitebuilder. Both suggestions of a blank template and using CSS to customize you site are what I would have suggested.

A last resort is that you could host your site elsewhere and publish it to your Yola domain.

To do this, you need to edit your Yola domain's DNS settings so that your domain points to your new provider. Depending on the host you're moving to, it would either be editing nameservers or creating an A Record. This means that you will still get a renewal reminder from us 11 months after purchase. If you choose this option, take a look at this tutorial for more information: DNS for your domain purchased from Yola.