how can i show how many people are on my website??

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
is there a code where i can put in and it will say people offline and people online?? can and 1 help plz!! ty
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
  • in need of help

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Rich

Rich

• 237 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hi, smithy, you should try Google Analytics:

What is google analytics?
It's a free service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to a website.

For more info just visit the link below:
http://www.google.com/analytics/

Hope it help,
Goodluck!
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
is any 1 going to answer???????????????????????
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
look up!!

http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/how...
^^^^^^ or click there ^^^^^
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Smithy,

We do try to answer as fast as we can, but Get Satisfaction is not live chat.
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Smithy,

If you would like to show the visitors on your website you could add a Google Gadget. This one, for example, http://www.google.com/ig/directory?sy... tracks the real-time online visitors to your website by IP address.

If you would like to use this, go to the link above, click on "Add to your webpage" and modify the widget to your liking and then copy the code provided ("Get the Code"). In your Yola site, drag and drop an HTML widget onto your page and paste the code into it and click on "OK".

Don't forget to update your site so that it will appear on your live site.

If you don't like this gadget, you can do a search in Google Gadgets, or Widget Box, for "show visitors" and you will find some other options.

Google Analytics will not show up on your website, but will give you some excellent information about your visitors and their behaviour.
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I don't think Smitty is asking about Google Analytics....I have seen sites where they will show how many are logged on to a site at any given moment.....I am not sure if there is a work around for doing this on Yola or not
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
thats the 1 john!!
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
i have got a site here!! but i don't know if it is the right 1 that i am after!! here is the link

http://www.pctimelimit.com/site_map_g...
Photo of Rich

Rich

• 237 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Oh sorry for the wrong information., anyway, you can try what ruth recommend on her reply. as alternative you can also try this one. Monitor Online Visitors
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Smithy,

I am not exactly sure what you are looking for. Do you want a widget to see how many people are on your site at a given time in real time, or do you want an analytics program that will track visitors to your site and their behavior on your site.

Emmy
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
i will show u a ss form another website and tell u what i mean!!
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
this is what i am looking for!! do u see the green and red writing!! that is the online and offline that i want!!
Photo of Rich

Rich

• 237 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
What I see in the screenshot you provide is a website that supports membership area that are not available in yola. unless you used a script like (forum script) which allow your user to register/signup for you to track your users statistic.
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
but the code on the website i want. i don't want the member area at the moment and i can get the 1 that is not the member 1. but there is a code out there somewhere but how do get it?? that is what i am wondering
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Smithy,
I'm sorry, possibly we are still not understanding what it is you are wanting to do. Do you want to have a forum or do you want to show visitors on your site in real time. If you can give us a good explanation of what it is that you want and how you see it behaving we can give you some better ideas.
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
i think i have got it!! i will come bk to u if i have got it!!