How can I tell how much traffic my site is getting?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Photo of SynthaSite FAQ

SynthaSite FAQ

• 67 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of Fumang Ronald

Fumang Ronald

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
my website help you to see how to built a legitimate online business with the best affiliate company in the world
http://rontanamtelcom.yolasite.com/
Photo of lela

lela

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
how can I tell how much traffic my site is getting
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Lela - you can find more about adding Analytics on this link: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/...
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello everyone,

Yola is happy to now be providing analytics for websites right in My Yola! Here is a link to more information about this new feature: Site traffic statistics are now available.

Emmy
Photo of Manford James

Manford James

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just as the news about "making money online" is in the air.I wanna know,can I be able to make money for myself online using my website;by each click from anyone?please,I know nothing about computer...NOTHING...so,help me..cos,I'm dead tierd of my present job!...
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
We are very able to provide you with help building your site using the Sitebuilder tools as well as other general website building tips, but when it comes to how to make money with a website, that is something we are not able to provide much information on. There are various possibilities such as selling products or adding various advertising platforms to your site. There are a number of ways to place ads on your site, here are a few:

* We have a Google AdSense Widget to make adding this effective advertising tool easy for you. Simply open the "Ecommerce" folder and drag and drop the "Google AdSense" Widget onto your page. Click on the link in the dialog box to sign up for an AdSense account and get ads for your site by copying and pasting the advertising code Google provides, once your site has been approved for their program.
* Add a banner image to your site using either the Text Widget (click "insert image" on the text editing toolbar) or use an Picture Widget. You can then turn your banner ad into an active link using our link editor. For more information, see this handy tutorial: Creating Links.
* Place any other form of advertising on your site as long as you can source the HTML embed code. Integrate this with your Yola page by dragging an HTML Widget onto your page and pasting the HTML embed code into the HTML editor. Please note: You are responsible for getting your site approved by your chosen ad network. We can assist you with instructions on how to build your site, but each ad program has their own set of requirements and it will be up to you to ensure that your site meets those requirements.
* If you would like to sell products, we have a tutorial that explains how to create an online store using the Online Store feature on Yola. Here is the link: Creating an Online Store.

I hope this information will be helpful.
Photo of Sanjana Nuwan Bandara

Sanjana Nuwan Bandara

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
try google analytics
http://haffow.com
Photo of liping.candy

liping.candy

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
helpful. helpful.
Photo of Patrick Salyer

Patrick Salyer

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Extremely helpful
Photo of sahayaramya2011

sahayaramya2011

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
it depends on the number of hits you get on your site. the page in which your site lays in the search engine. there are many other factors that detects your site traffic
Photo of lela

lela

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
NEED DOMAIM NAME
Photo of lela

lela

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
DOMAIN NEED
Photo of Francois

Francois, Employee

• 282 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi lela,

It sounds like you're asking how to get a domain name. You can take a look at our tutorial on Buying your own domain from Yola.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood?
Photo of houseofbyson

houseofbyson

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok, one more thing and hopefully this should be it with all my questions. I'm trying to track the amount of traffic coming to my website using Google analytics. I created an account with google, copy the code they gave me, and pasted the code in the HTML widget at the bottom of every page. But my site is still not being tracked. Did I miss a step somewhere in the process? Someone please help me. My URL is www.houseofbyson.com.

Thanks
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello houseofbyson,

I suggest checking out this tutorial: Google Analytics doesn't seem to work to help troubleshoot the causes.

If you're still having trouble, please do let us know. We are wanting to help you with this!
Photo of houseofbyson

houseofbyson

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Sanja,

Thanks for responding to my question. I guess I'm being a little too impatient, again! The update was made about 10pm last night so I guess I'll wait until tomorrow and let you know what happens. Thanks again for you help.

Regards,

Houseofbyson
Photo of houseofbyson

houseofbyson

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,

For weeks now I've been trying to add Google analytics to my webpage so I could begin to track my visitors. I followed all the steps that were instructed my Yola customer service and also reached out to Google customer service as well. I'm not sure why what I'm doing wrong but my site's traffic is still not being tracked. I reported this several times over the course of about 3wks without any luck. Can some please look at my site and aid me in the process of getting this fixed? 1st. I was instructed to create a Google analytics account and copy and paste the Google analytics code in the site tracking code field. That didn't work. 2nd. I was then instructed to place the HTML widget at the bottom of every page that I wanted to be track and copy and paste the Google analytic code their but that also didn't work. I even copy and paste the code in both the HTML widget and under the site tracking code section on my page and that also didn't work. I'm not sure what to do at this point and it's getting to be extremely frustrating. My URL is www.houseofbyson.com

Regards,

houseofbyson
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
I have taken a look at the pages of your site and do see that the Google Analytics code has been added to your pages in an HTML Widget. If Google Analytics is not reporting traffic statistics for your site, unfortunately as that is not our environment we are not able to troubleshoot why statistics are not being reported. I know it's frustrating when something is not working properly, but from our end I can say that I can see in the source code that you have added the code, but generating the statistics is on Google's end. I would say that the best thing to do is check with their support team and see if they are able to look at your account with them and give you help as to why they are not registering data.

The other option you have is to use Yola's Site Traffic tool which you will find on your My Yola page.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello houseofbyson,

Thanks for sharing this problem - gosh, it certainly sounds frustrating and I hope to be of assistance to you. When looking at your site, I see that you have added the tracking code to two areas of your site; the 'Site Tracking Code' under the 'Site Properties' as well as in an HTML widget on your site. Please remove the code from the HTML widget and save and publish your changes. Having this added in one area may certainly clear up the confusion with Google Analytics and I am hopeful that you will see the results you are aiming for. Please allow a bit of time for these changes to propagate and let us know if the analytics kick in.
Photo of houseofbyson

houseofbyson

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,

For weeks now I've been trying to add Google analytics to my webpage so I could begin to track my visitors. I followed all the steps that were instructed my Yola customer service and also reached out to Google customer service as well. I'm not sure why what I'm doing wrong but my site's traffic is still not being tracked. I reported this several times over the course of about 3wks without any luck. Can some please look at my site and aid me in the process of getting this fixed? 1st. I was instructed to create a Google analytics account and copy and paste the Google analytics code in the site tracking code field. That didn't work. 2nd. I was then instructed to place the HTML widget at the bottom of every page that I wanted to be track and copy and paste the Google analytic code their but that also didn't work. I even copy and paste the code in both the HTML widget and under the site tracking code section on my page and that also didn't work. I'm not sure what to do at this point and it's getting to be extremely frustrating. My URL is www.houseofbyson.com

Regards,

houseofbyson

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How to track my website traffic using Google Analytics.
Photo of stevie

stevie

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I am confused. I set up and published a site 7 days ago and the stats say I have had 23 visits. I am using a domain which I own to direct visitors to the yolasite, the states I have had 29 visitors. I advertise my site on Twitter and Facebook by using a tiny url which states I have had 121 visits. Can anybody tell me which is correct?
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Stevie,
We have done extensive testing on our site traffic feature and feel you are getting very accurate results as to the specific data that is being tracked. You are more than welcome to try Google Analytics as well to see how things measure up.

Please note that there is a difference between the site traffic statistics returned between Yola Free and Yola Silver.

Site Traffic with Yola Free:

* 7 days worth of data
* Total number of visits to a site

Site Traffic for Yola Silver:

* 30 days instead of 7 days worth of data
* Total visits and unique visitors. If someone visits your site and then comes back a day later, it will be registered as another visit, but will still be the same visitor. This is considered to a be a Unique Visitor. With Yola Silver, you will get this additional statistic.
* Comparison of change in traffic, week by week.

For more information on Yola Silver please see: Yola Silver FAQ.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Mark N

Mark N

• 466 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
I am positive there is something wrong with Yola site traffic stats. Ever since it went down and then was fixed (apparantly!), your stats show that my site only has 200 or less daily visitors. Yet, up until then my site was receiving between 450 and 600 daily visitors according to your stats, although this dropped to under 100 just before it went completely wrong.

Google still shows my site as having between 500 and 600 daily visitors and my adsense stats show no drop in overall page views and earnings are still okay. Something isn't right with Yola stats, I'm sure!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,
We did release a fix for this, however are looking back into it again to see what the current problem might be. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and we hope to have this taken care of soon.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of James Li

James Li

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
There is a very useful site where it gives ontime traffic analytics. You will be able to monitor immediately how many people are going on your website, how frequest they visit, unique visitors and previous visitors, what countries, what screen monitor, what ISP they are using, what country/location, which pages of your site they visited and how long they stay on your website per visit. And even the source of referrer ( I mean in which traffic sites ). This company offers a free trial for about 30 days. For me its useful because I can easily recoginize which traffic sites really works and give reliable traffic.
Contact me here: http://wellxpress.yolasite.com
Photo of Peter O'Brien

Peter O'Brien

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi,
I've been using ... http://www.flagcounter.com/
on my websites - I'ts not very secretive but shows the countries of the visitors
useful if your are international (or interstate).
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks Peter for sharing your ideas! That is a neat way of knowing in which countries your visitors reside.
Photo of Morin

Morin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
I a have just created a website and I would like you to check it out to see if I have not missed out anything - It's a site selling comtenporary art, design, beespoke greeting and photographs... http://artbymorin.co.uk
Thanks
Photo of Siamak

Siamak

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
You can get very detailed information by getting your website to analytics.google.com
Photo of wolframb

wolframb

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has anybody experienced accuracy problems with NeoCounter?
Hits published by Yola seem to be much higher than those from NeoCounter.
I do like the NeoCounter application as it provides me hit distributions by zipcode which is great for my particular website; however, it seems that some of the zipcode (accumulative) hits are decreasing.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello wolframb,

Although I do not have any experience with NeoCounters, in general, hit counters can sometimes be a bit unreliable. By using Google Analytics, you may be able to find this same kind of information.

You may also want to reach out NeoCounters to see if they are experiencing any issues or have explanations for why this might be happening.
Photo of Nanodesu

Nanodesu

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi everyone.
I don't know how you fixed this problem, but I personally added a special counter to my website. Now, can you tell me - was it a good idea or should I change it for something else?
mp4 player windows
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Nanodesu,

It really depends on your needs. If you just want to see how many people are visiting your site, a simple hit counter will be fine. However, if you want to see more in-depth information such as which pages are most popular, how many unique visitors, how many returning visitors, etc.. then you may want to add Google Analytics. We have a tutorial on this: Adding Analytics.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Kevin,

Multiple posts of the same content in different threads may be considered as spam. Please don't keep adding these as they will be removed by the Yola staff.
Photo of nFreida

nFreida

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
There are plenty of web hostings that allow you watching your site traffic and calculating site visits in real time, for instance www.bravehost.net, and Google Analytics is a handy tool I always use for my corporate website: convert m4a to mp3
Photo of BergerC

BergerC

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
As far as I am concerned, absolutely any hosting offers such a tool as a counter so you may see how many times your site was visited - it is a basic option, and if you need advanced ones, go for programs for site analysis that will let you view build graphics, watch the visitors' location and such details. What is the best for you depends on what exactly you need.

flv to avi