If you need support from Yola please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
I want to make my site unavailable to viewers for a short while (basically un-publish and remove it from the web), as I do a little construction and sort some things out. How am I to proceed in doing so?
1. Click on the down-arrow next to the yellow "Update My Site" button.
2. Click on "Publishing settings".
3. Click on "Unpublish your Site".
You will be asked to confirm that you wish to unpublish your site. Click on "OK" and your site will be unpublished.
If you unpublish your Yolasite subdomain site, your domain will be released which means that anyone else can take it and use it for their site. However, your unpublished site will always be accessible in the Site Builder for you to edit or republish to another address.
If you would like to unpublish, but keep the Yolate subdomain, here is the suggested workaround:
1. Create a new site with a blank page, or a message notifying visitors that your site will be back soon
2. Unpublish the site you would like to temporarily disable.
3. Publish the new site to your domain.
4. Reverse the process when you would like your site to be published again.