• 100 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confident

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of lambofgod

lambofgod

• 875 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
They made it with many programmers and money.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Lambofgod is correct :)

Also it is a lot easier to make this for one site, than to make it possible for millions of different sites to have their own. In order to have a login box you need a database associated with your site, to keep a record of all your users. For us to make this for option available for Yola users, we would have to create a database for each site that you could customize.

We have our own database for www.yola.com that contains the information for all our customers.
Photo of Alex

Alex

• 3448 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
so logins arent gunna be a feature EVER because it would cost WAY too much for 1 milion computers.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
But webs.com is a website builder, and they have membership login stuff, its called WebsID
Photo of smithy

smithy

• 1222 Posts
  • 28 Reply Likes
@nathan i know that webs.com has got a membership login feature but the thing is it is all down to money. www.webs.com has prob got the money but yola (formerly synthasite) was made 2 years ago so it will take time for the money to build up. so we all need to be patience with yola n then until yola has got enough money then yola MIGHT concider paying for the extra batabases and servers.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
yeah, thats true
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Yola could team up with AuthPro. I am using AuthPro on my website and its awesome! Its a free membership service that provides everything. You just put the little codes in your website. Like the Welcome message code, the Logout link, the Edit profile link, and much, much more! But I customized all the codes a lot better! And I made it on the homepage that when you are logged in it will show a white box with your name and links. Like it says "Logged in as your name [Members Area] [Logout]" and it disappears when you aren't logged in! I did that with JavaScript. I just set it up to hide the div with the logged in as code and the logout link and the members area link. They also give you user management thing and, if you get deluxe instead of free (Deluxe is only $4.50/mo!) you get unlimited users and you can put login and registration forms right in your website! With free, you have to use the hosted page for login forms. It also includes the "Forgot your password" thing where they type in their email and their details get emailed to them and you get to customize all of the emails and everything! And you can customize the email address and sender name the emails get sent from! www.AuthPro.com