HOW DO I.... add drop down boxes??

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
I am trying to add a drop-down box so that people will be shown a list of choices, and have to make one pick in each box... when you click on "submit" the site will automatically send me an email with the choices made.... show me how to do this or point me to the full instructions please.
Photo of Chris Townley

Chris Townley

• 34 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
  • lost until I get help

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Chris Townley

Chris Townley

• 34 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
ok.. THANKS for the answers
This is a great little hosting site and you folks have GREAT support. So helpful, and informative. and don't take days to give an answer.
Thanks so much for everything
CT
Photo of Chris Townley

Chris Townley

• 34 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I just wanted to say THANKS for all the help.
Had one final question..
Currently I have a "photo Gallery".. and it has a link tab at the top of the page..
I was curious how you might be able to add a 2nd or 3rd photo page,.. and just have a link at the bottom of each page. Something like "Go to page two here" and you click on the link and it takes you there.
I was just trying to avoid have 3 or 4 link tabs at the top that takes you to the separate photo pages.
If it's not possible. thats ok. Just trying to keep the site clean and neat looking.
Thanks again
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello Chris,
You can certainly create additional photo gallery pages and have them hidden from your navigation. These are called 'subpages'. You will then be able to create a link that will take you to these pages, but, they will not be found within you top navigation. Please take a peek at this tutorial: Creating Subpages and let us know if you need further assistance.
Cheers!
Photo of Chris Townley

Chris Townley

• 34 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
HI.. sorry to bother you again.. I submitted a question a few days ago via a different way on this web site.. Not getting much help as far as responses.
Let me get you caught up as to what has transpired

FIRST I asked this question.

I am a little confused..
I have this web site here...
http://fantasynascarracin.yolasite.com/
If you go there you will see that I have various tabs at the top.
One of them is a FORUM.
I see that it asks people to be a "member" and to "sign in"
I'd rather not have this to where people had to be a "member" before they could post to the site.
How do I go about doing that. I assume there is some sort of "command" I have to change somewhere.. but I can't find anything
HELP

I DID get this one reply... but nothing since.

Hello,
It's not possible to remove the login feature from the forum, however possible adding a chatroom where people can communicate without having to create an account would be an option for you.

SO I again wrote back for assistance.. never got a reply. I need to know the info so I can use the Forum. A lot of people are writing telling me they can't access it.
Here was my question I asked after the lone reply I got.

Well how do people "Log in"...
There is not a "sign in" or "Join" feature...
so how are they supposed to get on the site so they can post a message..??
I saw some sort of "join via FaceBook", but MANY people don't have FaceBook, and I feel it's unfair to ask them to join "someplace" else just so they can access my forum.
I KNOW you folks have some option where people can "join" MY site and be able to post.
I just need to know how to do it.
THANKS
CT
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your message. The forum you have added to your site does require a sign in. Your site visitors can click on the 'sign in' button on your site:

and use one of these 12 providers to sign in:

I hope this helps you to understand what is available with the forum on your site. If you are interested in incorporating a chatroom, you certainly can. Please take a peek at this tutorial: Add a Chatroom.
Photo of Chris Townley

Chris Townley

• 34 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
OK.. I'll see what happens..
I had a couple tell me they did the "Sign in" thing... but got an error message.. Thats why I was curious If there was supposed to be a "join" button somewhere first
thanks
CT
Photo of Chris Townley

Chris Townley

• 34 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
OK.. that doesn't work either.
When I click on "Sign in" all it does in open up a box that says
"sign in with facebook or twitter, etc..."
My girlfriend is trying to sign in... and thats all she gets. (actually I tried to sign onto her account for her.. so i saw what happened.

I'm want to just have people be able to sign in and Chat...

Many people have neither facebook or twitter (or any of the others listed)
Several folks playing in my game are that way.
Not much sense in having a Chat Forum if only two or three people out of 40 can post.
I NEED to be able to have a way for people to post questions, topics, and them be interested without having to belong to some other "thing" (facebook)
If it IS necessary to "join" why can't it just be set up where they "join" my site or forum.
Let me know how to make this do what I need
Chris
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Hi, Chris,

It sounds like the Tal.ki forum may not be suitable for your needs. I would like to suggest perhaps either a different embeddable forum such as nabble.com which has just a regular log in type system (not from social networks) or a chat room such as meebo.

Here's how you would add nabble to a Yola site (meebo is similar):
Go to their website and follow the steps to create and customize your forum. Then click on "Embedding Options" at the top of the page and copy the HTML code. Back on your Yola site, follow these steps:

1. Drag and drop an HTML Widget from the Sidebar onto your page.
2. Paste the code into the HTML editor that opens.
3. Click on "Save" and your forum will be added to your page.
Photo of Chris Townley

Chris Townley

• 34 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
OK thanks.. I'll give that a while today.. and report back later