• 67 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
You can make any page your index page by assigning the filename "index" to that page. However, always be sure that you have an index page.
Photo of J

J

• 19 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
But I want to change it from lower case to upper case letters, but i don't know how.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi J

Can you tell me what style you are using? It might be a feature of the particular style that is causing the letters to be lower case.

Thanks
Monique
Photo of J

J

• 19 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
it's called "underground". But the other pages are totally fine. It's just the index page. It was because I deleted the one I had before, and added this one in. But the name just won't go back to "Home" like before. And it won't go back to uppercase either.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi J

Thanks for the detail. By default on the Underground style all the menu names are in lower case and the homepage is called "index." But you can change this as follows:
1) Click on "Edit Menu"
2) Click "Expand All"
3) You will see two boxes under each page that allow you to change the menu text and hover text. Type in the name you want, eg: "HOME" and click "ok"

Let me know if this corrects the problem.

Greetings
Monique
Photo of J

J

• 19 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It doesn't work! I did exactly what you said, but when I tried to change it, it wouldn't let me! I mean, I go to Expand All, but it won't let me write in the box. I already tried it like, ten times!
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi J

Are you perhaps using Internet Explorer? We just found a bug with editing menu names in Internet Explorer. We have fixed it but the fix will only go live early next week. I am really sorry about sending you instructions that didn't work for you! Can you hang on until next week, or try it in a different browser, like Firefox?
Photo of Nathan Morales

Nathan Morales

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
ok j
this is what you have to do:

you open the index page and open the page you want to be on index,

and its kinda hard, but you put all the codes and stuff from the page you want into the index.

might be too hard for you though, it depends on how much stuff you have.

goodluck!
Nathan
Photo of J

J

• 19 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
THANK YOU, MONIQUE!!! It perfectly worked on Firefox!!!! I wasn't using Internet Explorer in the first place, I was using Safari. But I guess it has the same problem. Thank You!!
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Great! Thank you for your patience and persistence on this one. I am glad it finally paid off. I didn't know that we had the bug in Safari as well, so thanks for letting me know. I will make sure that it is working in Internet Explorer and Safari before we do our next release early next week!
Photo of reev

reev

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
With the new blog feature (great work, btw!), I would like to know how I can make my blog page the default homepage instead. Do I have to start my site from scratch?!?!

Help! :)
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
See my answer on the thread you started about this: http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite...