How do I download the site to my computer?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I bought my domain name from godaddy's. I then transferred my domain name to a different host. Now I want to download the site from yola (yes I'm a silver member) to my computer so I can upload it through my host and use it there. I tried to go into "Publish Settings" and the option for downloading the site to zip is NOT there. HELP!
Photo of sylem1

sylem1

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Hi, Sylem1,

We have removed the "download site" feature from Yola as the use of it was limited and we feel the support needed for the few users that did need it, didn't warrant us keeping it as a feature. We are unable to ensure that downloaded sites will work in other hosting environments. However, we have kept a way that you can still download your site.

1. Load the sitebuilder of the site you would like to download

2. Paste the following snippet into the URL bar (erasing what is already there)

javascript:void((new ide.requests.actions.downloadSite()).send({site:ide.user.getSite()}))

Once you hit "Enter" your site will start to download to your computer.

Please note that self publishing has been deprecated and Yola cannot offer any support if you have difficulties hosting your site elsewhere. However, we encourage you to make use of our free hosting service which includes 99% uptime, DoS protection and 24/7 support.
Photo of greenhostingromania

greenhostingromania

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
can you please explain for a newbie like me?

thank you
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi,
The above information is quite clear, if there is a step that you are struggling with, please let us know and we will be more then glad to steer you in the right direction!
Photo of Brian Mbuba

Brian Mbuba

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
It Doesnt work anymore -.-
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Brian,

We are having issues with the download link. You could try on a different browser to see if this makes any difference.
Photo of Australian Couriers

Australian Couriers

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Sanja , sorry not working on ie8 or firefox
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Australian Couriers,

Thanks for letting us know. I will need to get back to you on this.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Australian Couriers,
I have just tested the download site feature in Firefox 3.6.21 and it worked as it should for me. Can you please make sure you are entering:

javascript:void((new ide.requests.actions.downloadSite()).send({site:ide.user.getSite()}))

Into the address bar of your opened Sitebuilder.

Let us know how this goes for you.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Richard Frogmister Gardner

Richard Frogmister Gardner

• 30 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
i would also like to know this as ive tryed it and it dont work????? javascript:void((new ide.requests.actions.downloadSite()).send or do i enter
javascript:void((new ide.requests.actions.downloadSite()).send({site:ide.user.getSite()})) and what gose here user id i ges {site:ide.user.getSite()})
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi Richard,
Download a site is no longer available at Yola. I am sorry I do not have better news for you.
Photo of fhomemff

fhomemff

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Dear Yola,

I ́ve been downloading the site since I ́ve builted it, and manually uploading it to my domain. I ́ve made some important changes to the site, but now I can ́t download it, not even by using the java script. Are there any news regarding this subject? It is sad if i ́m stuck with the site un-updated.
Thank you.

Francisco
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Francisco,

The download method has been deprecated. I'm sorry.
Photo of davideverlan

davideverlan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Yola,
You guys need to re-enable the "download site" feature as a matter of urgency. That option should always be in your clients' hands. The benefits of this feature are quite necessary for those who have become comfortable using your site-builder, then to be "betrayed" and have no control. This is unfair. am awaiting a positive response on this subject.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi David I support your call.

I also understand Yola's perspective of not having the resources to support people who wish to transport their saved sites to another builder, which is a common reason people download their sites and was the reality of the facility when it was available.

I hope they can come up with a plan that gives the facility and reduces their responsibility to the user who needs support moving away. Even agreeing to an indemnity would satisfy me.
Photo of Slavyan

Slavyan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Yola,

I also really need the download site option simply because you don't offer domain names with .bg at the end. I'm from Bulgaria and I really want my website to end with .bg and not being able to download the site to another host makes it useless for me. And it's a petty all the hours I spent building the site just to find out that I can't use it. Please, either bring back the download option without support for it, we'll work it out, or at least start support of all domains. This is truely unfair and I hope you come up with some solution for the situation...

Best regards
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Slavyan,

With regard to using a .bg domain: If you have such a domain you could publish a Yola built site to this domain by pointing your domain to Yola. This is commonly done by many users with TLD's not managed by Yola. eg: .info; .me; .mob; .edu; .ca

You would need to subscribe to one of Yola's hosting plans to be able to publish to the domain but that's all.
Photo of George

George

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is one of the reason I'm moving to Go-Daddy, the other important reason is their price hike... bye bye Yola, and I'll be taking all my friends and customers with me...

Adios smart marketing people at YOLA!!!

what a joke... you need to hire new visionaries.
Photo of ksc0304

ksc0304

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I need to download my site so i can MANUALLY add code (php include)

Any HELP?

Stupid Yola With Their Marketing Plans
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello ksc,

Unfortunately there isn't a way for users to download their sites from Yola. It would be good, I agree, and we can hope in time this feature will resume.
Photo of ILoveYola.

ILoveYola.

• 56 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Whats the website? :)
Maybe i can help!
Photo of Lisa Willson Lucas

Lisa Willson Lucas

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yola - how can you not provide the ability to download our own site? HUGE error on your part
Photo of Nick Antoniou

Nick Antoniou

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
once your sites published through yola use a website ripper then you will have to manually upload the website to your hosting site with a domain ready to go...e.g bluehost and so on...this was not because no 1 used the feature its becuase yola looses money...they want you to go with there hosting plans ripp offs anyway...do your reaserch guys eaily done