How do I get a Sub Menu

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
How do I get a Sub Menu, for example, " Products " in the Products Menu I wish to have two or three Sub Menu, which meants I will have a new interface in each of the Sub Menu. Thanks...
Photo of growth2peak

growth2peak

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Sad

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 78 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hello,
I am quite sure it's not possible to have drop down menus from the main navigation, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Possibly the best option would be to have links on your "Products" page which go to the pages you were desiring to have on the sub menu.

I'm not sure if this will answer your question. Let me know if I understood it incorrectly, and someone else will chime in I am sure.

Emmy
Photo of growth2peak

growth2peak

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OIC, thanks ya Emmy...
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Thanks Emmy :)

Growth2peak, you may be interested in our tutorial on creating Sub Pages: http://www.synthasite.com/tutorials/c...

If you're looking for a drop-down menu, this is not yet available as a feature on SynthaSite, but you can add one using some HTML. You can find find more info on this thread: http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite...
Photo of Pablo

Pablo

• 39 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a website with the page generated navigation menu at the top of the page.
I have created a Left Hand Side (LHS) Navigation column with links to hidden sub-pages.

This works well, however it is quite tedious to set up.

Also, as soon as I add another page in a given sub-category, I have to copy the LHS navigation bar to all the hidden pages. This is very (!) time consuming. I expect to have 10-30 sub-pages in some categories.

Is it possible to create a sub-block that can be edited in one location, and then call it up in the pages where I need that navigation bar to appear. If there is an addition to the navigation bar, then only one item needs to be edited.

Is it possible to do something like this with an iframe approach ?

Thanks
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hi Pablo. The good news is that you can do this very easily with Yola.

The procedure:

Create a master page of your sub-menu ( ideally without sub-links attached at this point)

2. Use the "Save As" function to save a copy of this page with a page name that you will edit to make it one of your functional sub-menu pages.

3. Repeat the "Save As" process of this page for each sub-menu page.

At the end of this procedure you will have a number of identical pages each with a different name. Now it's a very easy task to simply make the small changes needed to make the page specific. Including links from the primary sub-menu page.

Notes: If you use favicons, background images, Google Analytics, it's really great to add them to the very first of the sub-pages that you will create. Then there is little tedious duplication of information.

I hope this helps, I'm sure it will. Love Yola for this "secret" feature :)

I've never used i-frames for the process of creating menu pages but I wouldn't think it would be so good as often in my experience the most important function is blocked. The back button :(

..... and I just noticed the sub-menu making tutorial above in Marije's post :)
Photo of Pablo

Pablo

• 39 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for taking the time to comment and reply.
What you propose does work.
One of the great features in Synthasite/Yola is the ability to "Save page as" which allows for a template approach to new page creation. I really like this feature!

However, I am looking for a way to edit the so-called sub-menu or links section in one single location. Updating 30 pages to have the same menu links is extremely tedious.
I am sure, I will have hundreds of pages over time, and the maintenance will become unpractical.

So if anybody has a way to do this, ........ please post.

Thanks and regards
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Pablo - currently there isn't a way to edit all your subpage links in one location. I understand your frustration however, and will pass on your request as a feature suggestion.