If you need support from Yola please contact us via email@example.com or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
I have a domain that was purchased from another provider www.bucklerpromotions.com pointing to a sub domain that I created here, but would now like to purchase one from here and still keep the other attached to it. How can I do that?
You can have more than one domain attached to a website, you just need to make one the primary which will make the others redirect to it.
If your site is all ready published to the other domain that you have purchased elsewhere, and you want to purchase a domain from Yola and add it to that site making it the primary, here is how you can do that.
1. Create a new site. When you first login to Yola you will be on the My Sites page, there is a red button that says "Create New Site".
2. Publish the second site and purchase the domain name that you would like to use for the other site.
3. Close the site builder and go back to the My Sites page on the Yola website. Scroll to the bottom and check the box next to "Enable Advanced Domain Settings".
4. Scroll back up to the top and click on the link "Advanced Domain Settings".
A new page will open. If you bought the domain from Yola, it will already be listed on the page and you will be able to click on the drop-down menu to assign it to the site you would like to use it for.
5. Click on "Click to apply changes".
By assigning a domain as "Primary Domain", this will be the canonical (primary) domain and the one the other domains will redirect to.
You can then do this if you would like to purchase any other domains. Let us know if you have any trouble with this.