How do I run a .swf file on my page?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
How do I run a .swf file in my website? Right now my website is http://educationinformation.yolasite.... I uploaded a .swf file to the file manager but when I drag it from the sidebar and preview the website, All I can do is click on the file and download it... Thank you for your time :)
Photo of Chris Dillinger

Chris Dillinger

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Chris Dillinger

Chris Dillinger

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
im confused howd u make it show up and why is there a youtube link in ur code?
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Here Chris ... forget about the last one ;)

<object width="425" height="355">
<embed src="h ttp://educationinformation.yolasite.com/resources/engin2.16.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed>
</object>

Leave out the space between the "h" and the "ttp://"

Photo of Chris Dillinger

Chris Dillinger

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thx!!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Chris,
Have you had a chance to look at our specific instructions for adding a flash file to your site? Here is a link: Embedding a flash file.

Can you give these instructions a try and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Emmy
Photo of information.hypno

information.hypno

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Then once a file has been added and is displaying fine, how can I make the file link to an other page?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello information.hypno

I'm sorry but I'm not clear on what you're wanting to do? This particular code will play your flash file on your website. So, you want it to play and then also be able to link to another page?

information.hypno

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That is exactly right, I want for people who click on the animation to get to a different page
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello information.hypno

Are you using the embed code Emmy posted or do you have different code you're using? If you happen to be using a different code, can you please paste here or share with me your page URL where you have already set up your Flash? I will try to see if I can come up with something. To paste codes in here, please use this HTML Encoder

information.hypno

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
same exact code she gave! ;-)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks for that information. I'll take a look and see if I can make something work. I'll have to scrounge around for a Flash file. I'll get back to you tomorrow with an update. Thanks for your patience.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello information.hypno

Unforutunately, I was not able to make this work. If you have a simple animated image file, then it is possible but to make it work with your Flash code, I was unable to do this. Perhaps someone on this forum may be able to come up with something. I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help.
Photo of Chris Dillinger

Chris Dillinger

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey maybe you guys could help me out with this one too, I did the same thing with the code and .swf with a different file, but it comes up blank on my screen, like its ready to show it, then it just is a white screen
Photo of Chris Dillinger

Chris Dillinger

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
http://educationinformation.yolasite.... is my website, and the file is the ....3v7.swf one and its embeded at the bottom, but nothing shows up.
Thanks for your time I'm AMAZED at your guys speed and help:D
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Chris

Would you mind email support@yola.com and Attn it to Sanja. I will take a closer look at what's going on.

Thanks!
Photo of Chris Dillinger

Chris Dillinger

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I sent it and in the subject line i put Sanja, I am not sure what you mean by "Attn" ? But I appreciate all ur guys help
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks Chris - I received it! :)
Photo of Chris Dillinger

Chris Dillinger

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
oh you're welcome, let me know when you come up with something :)
Photo of Reyna Alika

Reyna Alika

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi please help ,I downloaded the .swf file in my website but its so small how can I make it bigger ?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
I don't understand your question. What specifically are you trying to achieve with your flash file?