how do I tell people I've updated my site

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
How can people "subscribe" to my site to be notified when something has been updated?
Photo of Cheri

Cheri

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
Maybe using twitter?
or an rss feed on a blog?

try following this link for more information on blogs.
http://www.yola.com/customer-support/...
Photo of Cheri

Cheri

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I will read up on what RSS feeds are.
Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Cheri,

John Mc's suggestion of using RSS feeds on a blog is really great, and worth checking out for you.

Another great way thing is two notify people who don't just follow your site, but those that follow you elsewhere too, you might find you'll pick up an extra visitor or two that you wouldn't have otherwise.

What I'm getting at is that when you update your Yola site, there is an opportunity for you to alert everybody who follows you on Facebook and Twitter. That's a feature with a lot of impact that's real easy to use.

When you want to update your site, click on the green "Publish to the Web" button. A dialog will display to tell you the progress of your update and when it has finished updating. From that very dialog you will be able to enter custom messages for your Facebook and Twitter followers telling them that there is brand new content they can see at your site!

Hope this helps!
Photo of Cheri

Cheri

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I have not been successful at using the Facebook notification option. I haven't figured it out from the tutorial information :(
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Cheri, did you try following the steps Andre mentioned above?

"A dialog will display to tell you the progress of your update and when it has finished updating. From that very dialog you will be able to enter custom messages for your Facebook [or] Twitter followers telling them that there is brand new content they can see at your site!" Alternately, from that same dialog box you can opt to send an email instead!
Photo of Drummer

Drummer

• 153 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Cheri,
you could also tell everyone you've updated on this forum.
tons of people are on it everyday, and there are may topics
where you can post that you've updated or gotten a new site.
Photo of jim

jim

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am trying to use the email site update notification when publishing new content.
It prompts for email addresses and when I put in multiple email addresses separated by a comma it doesn't work.
Even better would be if there were an option to create an email distribution group. Does anyone know how to do that or help troubleshoot the email notifications?
Thank you.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello jim

The e-mail site update notification in the Publishing dialogue box in fact only works with adding one recipient. That's because this feature is designed to just send a quick note to someone via e-mail.

What you describe sounds like you need a more professional feature which could provide creating newsletters. To meet this need, we have partnered with Constant Contact which will enable you to send custom made e-mails to a mailing list with a larger number of recipients.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Sorry, wrong information about the amount of recipients: There is a limit of 10 recipients which can be added separated by a comma to the To field.