How do you edit HTML for my whole website?

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: old and out-dated

How do you edit HTML for my whole website?
I was trying to add a template to my website not from Yola, and it is HTML. But, I can't. Is there any way you can help me? Thanks!
Photo of Crazy

Crazy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
To add HTML to your site, you drag an HTML widget box over and paste in your HTML.

I would advise you to try this on a test page first so that you don't lose any valuable work in case HTML template does not work.
Photo of ThreeSim

ThreeSim

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i need to ad some html into the before section the widget does not allow this :(
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
We don't have much access into the head section of the template Three Sim. Happy to see what can be done if you can tell us specifically what you want to do. Up to you!
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Crazy,

It is not possible to upload your own template. Right now you need to select your style from our style library. We are currently working on adding more and better styles/templates with more customization options. We getting close to being able to release some great new styles, we are going to introduce the ability to customize your styles by giving you much more control over page properties such as header text, background color, logo, banner image etc. We are also implementing a way to allow you to create sub-navigation for your site.

This is a massive project that involves some major changes to our current style library. New screens for the user interface have to be designed and implemented to accommodate all these exciting new options, and there is plenty of code that has to be written to handle all the new style data. Unfortunately we can't give a delivery date on a big, multi-part project like this one, however, I can tell you that you should start seeing some of these new options by approximately end-July (hopefully a bit sooner).

Currently you can change the banner image, colour palette and background image on some of our styles. We want to make more options available like this, and one of our future plans is to allow you to develop your own CSS style if this is something that interests you. However, this functionality is going to take significant engineering on our part, so it is still a little ways into the future. In the meantime I hope you can find a style to suit your needs.

You may be interested in this link: Yola Style Guide - http://www.yola.com/synthasite-style-... It has a handy filter function for you to see which style you might like. You can also check out this site forsite.synthasite.com - http://forsite.synthasite.com/website..., where one of our Yola users has added a page to his site comparing styles.
Photo of Matt Kenny

Matt Kenny

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I dont think anybody is understanding what he is trying to explain. he wants to edit the yola page itself. not add a html, not instert a html widget, EDIT the yola page
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
I think we understand Matt. He wants access to the page setup which is defined in the head section but we don't have access to this with Yola.

We can get into the CSS and change certain aspects of the layout of the content but not the design of the page itself. With careful CSS you can make it appear to be different but it's really only changing some elements or hiding others and not really adding fundamental site elements as such.

At this time we don't have access to the head HTML or the CSS HTML as this can really disrupt the site and it has been withdraws by Yola for the present. This is quite common with similar hardwired design site-builders
Photo of Baby Bunny

Baby Bunny

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Actually I'm trying to do the same thing. Because I'm using Mobify to adapt my website to mobile version. That's why I need to paste some code to section. Is there any way I can do this?

NB: I know there is mobile site publishing by Yola. But I'm not quite content with the result.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Not sure what you are referring to "paste some code to section"?
Photo of Baby Bunny

Baby Bunny

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Gop, I mean Mobify require us to paste some HTML code to head section to differentiate what sort of device we are using to browse the web.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hi Baby Bunny

If you have Yola Silver, you will be able to paste this code to the Custom Site Tracking Code section which you can access from Site > Site Settings > Tracking > Site Tracking Code. Please note: Adding code to this section is at your own risk, errors could break your whole website and make it inaccessible in the worst case.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Baby Bunny,

You can nominate the device used for your sections within a div. eg: printer, screen etc. by the use of CSS. It doesn't necessarily have to be added to your head section.

for example if you have important information that is likely to be printed by users then you can define the content to be screen displayed with the surrounding design including backgrounds and images etc but define the printout simply as the textual content.