How to align two text blocks (colored background) horizontally?

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Hi. I need help on how to align horizontally 2 columns with colored background... I am having a hard time doing this. The preview shows a different scenario than the actual. Here is the link of what I mean:

http://pfeffermix.yolasite.com/hiroko...

I want to align horizontally the the first block (with the big pic and green b/g color) to the block right beside it containing the description. It looks so ugly two colored blocks not aligned horizontally and I can NOT fix this on my own.
The preview is another disaster. It does NOT show the actual result.

Please help me. Thanks!
Photo of pfeffermix

pfeffermix

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • annoyed!

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Parthiv

Parthiv

• 126 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi,

<!-- Here's what you have to do: In the site builder open the HTML editor of the first block. Near the top of the coding you'll see '<br>'. Delete that, and the blocks should be aligned. -->

I hope that helps!

- Parthiv
Photo of pfeffermix

pfeffermix

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks a lot
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi pfeffermix

I've looked at your webpage and see the problem. The best way to align 2 boxes side by side is using some HTML.

To do this, click on the HTML button in your Text Editing Toolbar. This will open the HTML editing screen and you will see the code of your widget.

In the <div> tag, add the height for each of your Text Widgets. For example, <div style="height: 400px;">

We tested this in your website and were able to fix your problem. It appears the same in the Preview.

Please take a look and let us know if it does not solve your problem.

Thank you
Nazlie
Photo of pfeffermix

pfeffermix

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks a lot! Now its working nicely! thanks again for your quick reply