How to Change My Domain on Yola?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Hi,
I need help on how to change my domain name on yola. I searched other questions, but can't find the yellow arrow thingy. Please help!
Photo of ann

ann

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • desperate

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi, do you have a custom domain or a .yolasite.com domain? If you have a .yolasite.com domain, follow these steps:

1. On the green "Publish to the web" button, click the down arrow that is next to "Publish to the web"

2. Then, click "Publishing settings"

3. A box will pop up over the screen.

4. Click "Edit your sub domain"

5. Enter your new one and then it will be changed when you update your website!

Now, if you have a doamin pointed to yola, follow these steps:

Follow steps 1, 2, and 3 above then, follow this steps:

4. Click "Edit your pointed domain"

5. Edit the domain, and make sure you have the DNS settings for the new domain pointed to Yola.

6. That's it! Publish your website and it should work! :)

Remember: If you change your domain, make sure you update all external links on other websites if you have any.

I hope this helps! :)

Best Wishes,
Nathan
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello Ann,

Thank you for your comment. The only way to change a domain is by purchasing a new one. If your site is published to a Yola subdomain, you can definitely change your subdomain. Here are guidelines for changing your subdomain:

1. Click on the drop down arrow next to the green "Publish to the web" button.
2. Click on "Publishing Settings".
3. A dialog box will open up. Click on "Edit your Subdomain".
4. Type in your new domain name. if the domain is available, click "OK"
5. A dialog box will open asking you to confirm the change by typing in the word "change".

Your site will then be published to your new subdomain.

I hope this helps, Ann. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Photo of jeannie

jeannie

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi
i'm cstugglikng to edit my subdomain I understand what to do to change it but how do I get there?If I go to www.yola.com and I log in what then? or how do I get there to change it cause I can't find it anywhere. Need to edit it a.s.a.p please help me!
Thank you
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hello Jeannie,

Once you've logged into your account, you'll be directed to the My Yola page. You'll be able to open the Sitebuilder to edit your site. Once you've done that, you'll be able to see the green "Publish to the web" button that Brianna has described above.

If you're not sure what your login details are, we can assist you if you send an email to support@yola.com. We'll also need to know what your subdomain address is.
Photo of karen

karen

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi, If I have a domain name I bought from yola, BUT I want to change to another domain name (that now is not available but I know he will be..)
How can I do that?

Thanks
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
To change your purchased domain name you would need to purchase another one. In terms of a domain name becoming available, when that happens you could surely buy it, however we would not be able to give a specific time frame on when a domain will become available if it is currently registered to another person.

I hope this information is helpful!

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of karen

karen

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thank-you Emmy for your fast replay :) :) :)
Photo of Prakrit Subba

Prakrit Subba

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey since the Yola website has changed a bit,I want help again i want to change my site's domain name.
PS-I'm a free member.Help me ASAP!
Photo of Francois

Francois, Employee

• 282 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi Prakrit Subba,

To change your .yolasite subdomain, please take a look at this tutorial.
Photo of Sajo

Sajo

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How to change a domain name after publishing?.

I want to change my domain name and I have already published my site. My site address,
ideasforsiteswhichhaventbeenmadebefore.yolasite.com
Its a long domain and I got a different domain name in hand. Please tell me how to change my domain name after publishing.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Sajo,

Happily this is easy to do! Please follow the steps provided here.