How to embed a screen-shot here on GS:)

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
What does a person need to put "around" a screenshot URL in order for it to show here in the forum? I want to do that occasionally so all can see what I see, lol;) Now that's scarey;) Thank you all much, denise
Photo of Denise

Denise

• 393 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • wanting to learn more

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Denise,
Are you wanting to attach an image to a post? You can do that, you will see a button that says "Add an Image" button:

You will be able to choose a file to and then click the green "Upload" button.

Let us know if you have any trouble with this.

Emmy
Photo of Denise

Denise

• 393 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Oh lord, sorry emmy, I've seen that button a thousand times, LOL!!! Ok, thank you muchhhhhhhhhh!!! Denise
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Sure thing Denise!
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I just use a free screen shot program that I like a lot....Once you take the shot it is a gif file that you can place here on Get Satisfaction using Add an image.
Photo of Denise

Denise

• 393 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
may I have the url for it John? Sounds very handy;) Denise
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
This is a super cool firefox add on that i use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fire...

Or if you use Windows Vista - just press the windows key and type snipping - it has 1 built in.,
Photo of Denise

Denise

• 393 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Oh cool duke as I do use Firefox, I will check it out!!!;) denise
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I like this one because you can decide how big of an area you want to capture and not have to crop it later ....This is on cnet downloads....Always a great place to get things as they test all downloads to make sure they are safe . . ..http://download.cnet.com/ScreenHunter...
Photo of Denise

Denise

• 393 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I love CNET and I rarely download anything except what I find there. Also, I like the sound of not having to save, and then crop the image in Paintnet which is what I use most often. Thank you John, youre a sweetie as all I've spoken to here on Yola;) thank you thank you, and see you later gater:) denise
Photo of Denise

Denise

• 393 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I wonder if this might do away with the step I have to take to save the image in photobucket so I have URL? I'll check it out;) denise
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
When you add an image to file manager and then post it on your page it creates a URL....You can just view your page with he image and right click to copy the image location(URL)....I am not sure if that is what you are needing or not.
Photo of Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes

Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes, Champion

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
My fav has always been http://www.jingproject.com/

Watch the video they have on their website to see it in action...

Jing is so easy to use and capture screen shot images as well as screen captured video of your desktop in action. Add a mic and you can walk anyone through your problem with video and audio. The free version is limited to 5 minute increments so be concise ;)

Happy site building
Ed

You can find me with my head in the honey pot here..

You can find many of my threads here... Just look for the light bulbs
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I will have to check that one out.....might come in handy for some tutorials.
Photo of Denise

Denise

• 393 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
thanks all!! Tons of helpful tools to chose from!! Yeehaw;) denise