How to embed the Facebook-style chat right in your site!!

• Praise
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hello everyone! So you know the little chat boxes at the bottom of Facebook pages, and you can see a chat list of people online, it is almost exactly like the Facebook chat. The service is free, and its called "Presence Bar" Here is the website URL: http://presencebar.com It is very cool. Just sign up and then follow the steps, and get the little JavaScript code.

Here is a picture of how the chat looks:

It even says "NAME says..." in the window title when the person you are chatting with types a message to you. If no one is on it will say "Nobody is available to chat" in the chat list.

If you visit the Presence Bar website, they have the chat bar right in it so you can test it.

It has a lot of features like the Gmail and Facebook style chat.

You can also set this up with your own database.

The best of all, it is only one line of ode and its very small code!

Hope this helps someone.

Nathan
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
  • excited

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for sharing this chat feature with the Yola community! It does look very similar to Facebook's chat and I am sure that many people will want to give it a try.

Cheers!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
No problem!

Thanks
Nathan
Photo of Ben Muircroft

Ben Muircroft

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
it takes you to some indian government site instead.... sort it out guys!!
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Ben. You will notice that the thread is a year old. Quite possible that the site has come and gone.
You may like to do a search and see if they have relocated or simply disappeared?
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
@Ben: Gop is right, the company unfortunately shut down about 6 months ago without any notice. It does make me unhappy because that was an awesome chat web application. I think the domain name expired and the people that were running it simply moved on, forgot about it, or didn't want to pay to register the domain name again.

@Gop: I searched and I haven't found anything on them unfortunately.

Nathan
Photo of Polarisimafm Polar Comunicaciones

Polarisimafm Polar Comunicaciones

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
jkjhgjh jh jh
Photo of Polarisimafm Polar Comunicaciones

Polarisimafm Polar Comunicaciones

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
werwer werrwe
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Pleased do not spam this forum with random characters, it is not allowed. Thanks.
Photo of Stephen King

Stephen King

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
dead link. been searching for weeks for a viable php/mysql/jquery/ajax chat script to turn into a PHP-Fusion addon...
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Stephen,

I've recently been using a one on one chat facility which is free.Offerchat. This is very much an e-com oriented customer service facility which could be used for any purpose as a one on one chat.