How to point a domain name to my Yola site ( my mum said it's rude to point)

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Redirecting existing domain name

m having a similar problem, how do I make a domain name i've just bought from godaddy- www.gastric-band-hypnosis-wigan.com point to my yola website www.thewhyweightcoach.co.uk ?
Also how do I add html to my yola site? If I use the html widget, all it does is display the code in a text box
Photo of martin

martin

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi martin,

I have responded to this in your other thread but I think that one or the other will be merged so I'll copy it here.

Your second query first: When you drag the HTML widget onto your page, a placement page appears with numbers down the left side. You can either type your HTML into this or you can paste some previously copied HTML code into it. Then you Save the addition and it's installed onto your page. Depending on the content this may not be apparent until you publish your page or examine it with the preview facility.

To point your Go-Daddy domain to Yola's servers requires that you access the DNS management facility on goDaddy. Here is a tutorial for doing that Configuring your GoDaddy Domain