how to remove/delete posts.

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
I wonder if its possible for me to remove my posts questions and comments from the community support forum?
Photo of shay

shay

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi shay

Just let us know what you want removed and an employee can do it for you.

If it is a comment you should be able to delete it. On a comment it says...

(Delete or Edit)

...Right after the comment. If it is a question, and people already replied then you wont be able to delete that yourself but a Yola Moderator can remove it anytime. (All Yola Employees have Employee badges)

Sincerely,
Nathan
Photo of shay

shay

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
thank you nathan....its questions I posted and have been replied to. the problem is I used my domain in all the questions and now all the topic discussions etc come up in google search when someone searchs for me. I have since changed my signature but would like all the previous correspondence removed. how would I go about doing that. thanks shay
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Shay - we can delete your posts for you but it will take some time before Google updates its index with the change. Would you like me to go ahead and delete the posts?
Photo of shay

shay

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
thank you marije ...all posts removed. my advise here to fellow posters is not to use your domain name in posts rather subtitute with a nickname. otherwise the contents of your posts will appear in search engine results. thanks.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi shay, whats wrong with the contents of your post in Google? They all go in Google no matter what over time. If you need to share private info, you should email support@yola.com instead so it is private and not publicly accessible.

Sincerely,
Nathan
Photo of shay

shay

• 34 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
ok nathan ..I understand what you say but lets say you have a business and someone does a search and alongside your business all the posts etc come up ...well I would not want that. Hence my advise to use a nickname instead of domain name. everyone here seems to use nickname. thanks for your help..hope that explains it.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Oh I see what you mean! But sometimes if you need help with your website, you have to provide your URL to it so we can check it out.

Thanks for letting me know about that! I didn't know what you meant at first.

Thanks,
Nathan