how to remove title of theme "economics"?

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
I'm trying to remove the title heading that sits at the top of the theme called "Economics" please see image:
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/15...

when I click on delete, it asks me if I'm sure, when I say yes, it does nothing!

also, for bonus points!

how do I erase not only the title (words) but also the space between the top of the page and the beg. of the header image?

Thanks!!

ps awesome site you guys have put together... I'm just sayin'
Photo of Babak

Babak

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Babak

It is possible to remove the title as follows:
1) Click on the "Properties" sidebar
2) Click on the Page Heading field and replace the text with a single space

This will delete the heading. See screenshot below.

However, it is not possible to delete the space between the top of the page and the banner image, as this is coded into the style itself.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes
Monique

Photo of Adrienne

Adrienne

• 106 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi there Babak,

Thanks for the link -- it always helps. A picture is worth a 1000 words!

So I can help you get rid of your header text, but I'm sorry I'll have to miss out on the extra bonus points... :)

When you select the page header, a pop-up dialog box gives you a warning, and a field entry box to make desired changes in. If you 1) delete your current page header text and 2) enter a blank space instead, your page header should disappear.

Keep in mind that this action only performs changing the page header (the title up in the banner). If you wish to change the 1) URL or 2) window title there are different actions you need to perform. Write us back if you have questions with this.

As far as the space between banner image and top of the page, sorry -- but this is a function of the template style. It would take customizable HTML coding and CSS styles to "fix," and specialized knowledge in this area. Look around more here in our community forum for other user's tips & tricks -- you're sure to find lots of useful information!

Good Luck,

~ Adrienne
Photo of Babak

Babak

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok thanks, so a space instead of actually trying to delete it? then why does it give me the option to delete? confusing.

also, here's a follow up...

... can I download the site and then go into the code to remove the space? and then ftp the modified files to the server?

thanks
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
I am a little confused as to where you are clicking to "delete" Is this in the Site Manager tab? Or on the heading itself?

If you were trying to delete it from the Site Manager you were actually deleting the page, not the heading.

The reason the site builder appeared to do nothing when you clicked "ok" is that it was trying to generate a new index page for you - that takes a bit of time.

The option is there to allow you to delete other pages of your site. However, if you attempt to delete your index page, your site will break and you will not be able to publish it successfully, which is why the site builder attempts to make the correction by generating a new index page.

Use my suggestion above for deleting the heading instead of the page!

I am sorry this is not more clear!
Photo of Babak

Babak

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Monique, as the image shows, I was deleting it by right clicking on the actual title. It presented a small menu choice. I wasn't trying to delete the whole page.

can I download the site and remove the spacing from the code and then upload via ftp to my own servers (at my own domain)? is that kosher?

thanks!
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
You could try that, but unfortunately I can't give you instructions as this goes beyond my skill level. Perhaps someone else who has downloaded a site and edited the banner region can help out!