How to Verify Site with Google Webmaster

• Problem
  • Updated 9 years ago
I can't seem to get Google to verify my site for the purpose of setting up Google Analytics. It says to cut and paste the metatag at the top of the html webpage but Synthasite does not seem to allow this.

Has anyone been successful verifying their site recently?

Please advise how.

Many thanks

BB
Photo of buzzb

buzzb

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi BB

We are still working on a way to allow you to add Google Webmaster tools to your site. You are correct that you cannot access the or the root folder of your site.

However, setting up Google Analytics is no problem. You can just drop an HTML widget on at the bottom of each page you want to track, and paste the verification code in the editor. Remember to save and republish your site when you are done.

Let me know if this works for you!

Monique
Photo of buzzb

buzzb

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Monica

Which verification code are you supposed to paste in? The metatag one? I have tried this quite a few times and when I go back to Google to vertify it says that the metatag is in the wrong place.

The other option that Google gives in order to verify the site is to upload a html file. I also couldnt get this to work.

I am obviously missing something, What is it?
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Can you confirm for me whether you are trying to add Google Webmaster or Google Analytics? The former is not possible (for now), but the later is.
Photo of buzzb

buzzb

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Monique

You are correct. I was trying to add Google Webmaster not Analytics. I thought they were the same thing.

Thanks for your help.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Thanks for getting back to me. I am sorry this didn't turn out better for you. Hopefully we will be able to add this functionality in future.

I still recommend adding Google Analytics, though :-)

http://www.google.com/analytics/index...
Photo of christina

christina

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i tried adding google analytics and i am having trouble. I did everything that you told her and it is still on working.
Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Hi christina,

I am sorry you are having trouble. If the problem is that Google Analytics is not tracking your website, there are a few reasons why this might be happening:

1. You must republish your site in order for any changes you have made to take effect. To do this click on the green "Publish to the web" button.
2. You need to have copied the complete code provided by Google Analytics and pasted it into an HTML Widget.

It is also important to remember that it takes 24 hours for data on your site to be available in your Google Analytics account.

Please let me know if you have tried these steps and are still not having any luck.

- Justine