HTML editor scroll bars NOT working ?

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Hi.
I just wanna ask if yola is purposely taking out scroll bars in HTML editor?
I got a text box and tried to edit the HTML and found out that scroll bars are Nolonger working.. For Godsake scroll bars are very important. Please dont take them away.

I had a hard time seeing the entire text codes horizontally as the horizontal scroll bar is not working at all. I could just see parts of it. It used to work nicely before! The vertical scroll bar is Gone! Why?
Now with longer codes, it is way harder for me to go up and down.

If this is just a bug, pls fix this. If this is on purpose, then pls let us know why as this is making editing way way harder than before.

Thank you.
Photo of pfeffermix

pfeffermix

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Hi pfeffermix,

I have responded to the email you sent to support@yola.com. We are aware of the problem you're having with the scrollbars and I can assure you we have not removed them on purpose.

I understand this is frustrating, but we are working on resolving it and will let you know as soon as we have done so.
Photo of pfeffermix

pfeffermix

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
oh please.. I hope this will be resolved soon..
thank you again!
Photo of How To Create a Website

How To Create a Website

• 30 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Yes lets hope it will be soon thanks

How To Create a Website

• 30 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Still waiting have so much work to do can you let me know whats going on as its been 11 hrs already ???? with no feed back from yola.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
We are working on this right now and hoping for a fix by tomorrow. We do understand this is very frustrating and are sorry for the inconvenience. As soon as there is a fix in place we will comment here to let you know.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of safi ullah

safi ullah

• 142 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Yeh this is happening too me hope this will be right in time

How To Create a Website

• 30 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Its still not working you can not paste on it PLEASE we need this to work
Photo of Andi North, Mangopear Media

Andi North, Mangopear Media

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
I noticed this issue too,

With the HTML editor, CSS Editor and HTML Text editor.

This was with Chrome and Firefox.

Hope this can get fixed. Could this due to the Sitebuilder update last night? Fine before, and not afterwards.

Kind Regards,

Andi

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Just to add it has now stopped me from editing the Header section of the Tracking codes. I need to access this to edit some code but it will not let me in FIREFOX!

Please fix it quick, not only is it worse than before, it is slower, having to copy and paste all of the code into Notepad (making the feature redundant) but it is stopping me from continuing on my website! Sort it Yola!

Andi
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Andi,

I am able to access the Header section of the Tracking code on my site using Firefox. Can you please try clearing the cache in your browser and see if the problem persist?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello everyone,

Thanks you so much for your patience while we worked on a fix. We are happy to say that our engineers have once again done a stellar job! You should no longer have any issues with your scrollbars. Please do let us know if you still do.

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Hello Sanja,

Still not working for me, I cleared my cache twice, restarted Firefox and tried on two different websites.

The image attached is what I see

Hope this helps,

It works fine in Chrome and on my Mangopear Media account but does not work in Firefox on my Shamrock account. But Shamrock account does not work in Chrome.

Some assistance maybe needed, I did accidentally post some incorrect code which affected some tables (the three buttons at the bottom of every page). I left of the closing tr, tbody and table tags but I went through all of the pages and fixed that. This is probably the cause of the issue. If you could look into this for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Yes, I do feel like a div (Did you get the HTML pun with that :P)

Kind Regards,

Andi
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Andi,

I would be happy to look into this. Can you please share the URL of your site and then I can take a look? Thanks!

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Sorry for the very late reply,

It is not working on: www.shamrockandrambler.co.uk or on shamrock.yolasite.com but it is working on www.journee.co.uk

Hope this helps

Andi

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Could I also add that when I delete the content from the Footer tab, Save and open the panel again, it allows access to the Header section aswell. The code in the Footer section is the Google Analytics Code and therefore will not be wrong.

Any help, I have the work around so it is not too bad.

Thanks,

Andi

By the way, this also affects my Mangopear Media account with the Winnallca website (unpublished). This does have code in both sections but custom code which should not be broken.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Andi,
Sanja is not currently online but I am going to forward this to her and she will be able to respond when she comes back online.

Emmy
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Andi,

Do you mind email support@yola.com ATTN: Sanja so that I can follow up with you? I am still a bit confused as to what is going on and would like to us to communicate via email to help resolve this. I look forward to your email.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Andi,

With the recent fix of the HTML Widget, can you please take a look at the Site Tracking and see if the footer issue has been also resolved? I am looking at my own site and I don't believe I see this issue anymore.

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
No Sanja,

This issue is no longer an issue!

I can edit my sites with ease once again!

Thanks,

Andi
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Fantastic to hear, Andi!
Photo of pfeffermix

pfeffermix

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi! its now working nicely!!!!! thank you everyone for the quick response!!!
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi pfeffermix

That's wonderful news. We are soooo happy it is working again :)

How To Create a Website

• 30 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Its still not working you can not paste on it PLEASE we need this to work
Photo of safi ullah

safi ullah

• 142 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
why is html box is not working

How To Create a Website

• 30 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Still not working you can not paste in the box please we need this fixed work is piling up and its been over 1 day now

How To Create a Website

• 30 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Works in Chrome not Firefox please repair so it works in firefox
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 192 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
The title sais it all.
It's just out of the ordinary, it's all messing up.
Things like pasting/copying, erasing, adding codes dont work. its simply refusing to do anything right!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Why is yola html widget being so stupid?.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
We are experiencing some troubles with copying and pasting. We suggest using the keyboard shortcuts to help navigate your way on the HTML Widget. For example using Ctrl-V to paste your codes, Ctrl-C to copy.

I hope you can use that while we work on getting this fixed up.
Photo of Jimshorts

Jimshorts

• 17 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I too am experiencing some issues with the HTML editor. I've tried with Firefox 4 and Explorer 9 and gotten the same results. Using keyboard shortcuts is fine until it is necessary to modify the HTML code.

It is certainly more convenient to be able to do this within Yola, but the editing can be done by pasting the code into a word processing program like "Word Pad" and editing there. Recopying the code and pasting it in place. Thought I would put in my 2 cents. I appreciate your efforts in rectifying the situation Yola.
Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Hi Jimshorts,
Thanks for letting us know. We are working on fixing this as soon as possible and we do appreciate your patience. We'll definitely let you know when it has been resolved.
Photo of Amar

Amar

• 201 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
This is so annoying and I cannot access any of my tracking codes and other ones in it. Come on Yola! Get it fixed!

Amar
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Amar

I know this is frustrating. The bug has been fixed, but we have had reports from some of our users who are still having problems.

Which browser and version are you currently using to edit your websites?

Nazlie
Photo of Amar

Amar

• 201 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi Nazlie,
I am using Chrome version 11.

Amar
Photo of Amar

Amar

• 201 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Didn't work for me in FF 1.6 either.

Amar
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Thanks for the details Amar. Have you tried clearing the cache in your browsers? I am unable to replicate the problem on my test site.
Photo of Amar

Amar

• 201 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Yep, Cleared my cache and still not working.

Amar
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Would you mind pasting the url of your site here? I would like to test the HTML Widgets on your site.
Photo of Amar

Amar

• 201 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Hi, the URL of my site is www.frodotraveller.com. I have not tried the scroll bars in the HTML editor. The one I am noticing is he site tracking codes box.

Amar
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Amar,

Thanks for clarifying! Do you have code in your Footer section? If so, what's happening is that after you paste your footer code, it's pushing over the header section rendering it inaccessible. This is a bug that our engineers are currently investigating. If you need to access your header section of your Site Tracking, then we suggest this workaround:

1. Copy the existing footer code in your Site Tracking and paste into Notepad.
2. Delete the footer code and click on "OK".
3. Go back into your Site Tracking and then paste your header code in the header section and then go ahead and paste your footer code back in and click "OK".

We hope that you can use this suggestion while we work on a fix.
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Guys,

I am pleased to announce that our engineers have released a fix for this HTML bug. If you are not seeing changes on your end, you may need to clear your cache. Here's how: clear cache.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we located a fix! Certainly let us know if you continue to struggle with this.

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Hey all,

Works like a treat! Well done to those ingenious engineers!

Kind Regards,

Andi
Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Thanks Andi - we're really glad we have such awesome engineers. Glad everything is working now.
Photo of Jeremy Paton

Jeremy Paton

• 159 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Kudos to the great engineers behind Yola :D
So glad that this is fixed