Building a business with a Yola site using blog comments and podcasts

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I have 2 Yola accounts and I have some issues growing my businesses, I firstly need a good blog where people can share with us and we can reply on the same wall - I have tried to work the Yola Blog but it really has some limitations, I also want to start podcasting but for somes apparent reason I cant get a rss feed and the storage space on yola doesnt permit for video. Please give me answers and not suggestions, I am not willing to pay anymore than I already have to get these services met, just by the way - I have tried Wordpress and they too expensive. Thanks.
Photo of siyanda777

siyanda777

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi siyanda777

If you would like to add comments to your blog, you can install a web application called Disqus, which allows your visitors to comment on your blog posts. The online tutorial, How do I let people comment on my blogposts?, illustrates the steps for adding Disqus to your blog.

I am unsure if you are already upgraded to Yola Silver, as it sounds as though you have spent some money with us. If you are on a free or Yola Bronze account and find that the allotted space is too small for your podcasts to be uploaded, you may want to consider upgrading to Yola Silver. Yola Silver gives you significantly more storage space and you can upload larger files. With Yola Silver, you will get 5GB of storage space instead of 1GB with free and the ability to upload 100MB files instead of 15MB with free. What are the sizes of your podcast files?

For more details, please see our Yola Silver FAQ. You can also see a feature comparison on the Yola Packages page.

Another option for hosting your podcasts, is Ustream, an online broadcasting website. You can embed your Ustream broadcast into your Yola site by copying the HTML embed code and pasting into your page using the HTML Widget. Here is a tutorial for adding HTML to your site.

I hope this answers your questions and that you are able to build your sites and businesses using the Yola Sitebuilder, successfully. Please let us know if you have more questions or need more help.

Thanks
Nazlie
Photo of siyanda777

siyanda777

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for quick response - you are a Super Chick, dont let anyone fool you on that 1. Thanks a Million!!!
Photo of siyanda777

siyanda777

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Nazlie, I may sound supper dumb but what I want to do with the Blog is to be able to send out podcasts to Itunes. I am not looking at embedding video on my site, I know that, I need a facility that will give me rss feeds for every post I do and then be able to forward that to iTunes via the blog...blah blah...You get it? Otherwise I will look through this for now and see what you offering...by the way, I am leaving Ustream for Livestream - They Great, what you think?
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi siyanda777
No, it is not dumb at all - thanks for explaining what it is you would like to do. Please take a look at this discussion thread on which one of our engineers responded. It is related to your podcast with iTunes question: How do I use the RSS feed to publish my podcast.

With regards to Ustream vs Livestream, I suggest that you try Livestream and see how it compares to your Ustream experience. I have personally used neither of these applications and cannot give you advice on which one is better.

I hope this is helpful to you. Let us know if you have more questions!

Thank you
Nazlie
Photo of siyanda777

siyanda777

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Okay I hear you, Thanks for the help.