I don't need this page

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
OK I feel stupid,can somebody help? When I go to my site on the internet it goes to a page that says home and you have to click on it to go on to the site. Have I connected the pages?If I delete the site will it let me make another with the same name.I've been at for two days.If I can delete it and do it over that might be quicker than trying to figure what is wrong. Thanks Paula
Photo of Paula

Paula

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • sad

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Paula,

Are you referring to your "index" page by chance?

In order for a browser to access your site, you need a page with the file name "index". The index page is the first page your visitors will land on as it is the default home page. You can rename the page so that a different name displays on your site, but it will still be called "index" when you are in the Sitebuilder. Here is how to rename the index page:

1. Click on "Edit Navigation".
2. Next to the page that you would like to change, click on "settings".
3. A menu will open, with two areas to edit your text - input the new name you'd like to have for your page.
4. Click on "OK".

If this isn't what you are referring to can you please post the URL to your site and more details about what you are trying to accomplish and I'm sure we can help you through it.
Photo of Paula

Paula

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Paula

Paula

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your help Laura.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Paula

Laura is currently offline. I hope you don't mind me stepping in on her behalf.
Thank you for sharing your URL. This certainly helped me to better understand the issue.

The page called "index" in the Sitebuilder is your default home page and the first page your site will open on. You have created a second page called "Home" and you have hidden this page from your navigation.

1. Here's how to make your "Home" page your index page:

1. Save the page you would like to be your index page using the Save > Save As function and calling it 'index' (make sure that you use the lower case i, not a capital I)
2. It will ask whether you want to overwrite the existing index page - say yes.
3. Then, you can delete the old "Home" page from your Site Manager, by clicking on the trash can icon next to your page.

Please let us know if you have any trouble with this.
Photo of Paula

Paula

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank You!! I did it!!!
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Oh happy news, thanks for letting us know!