I Remade my banner? And made a seperate picture?

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
I made a new banner and used the proper 900x220 and added it and its blank. (Blacked out) i also made another picture and it has a red X in it. i dont know what to do i have never had this problembefore someone help please
Photo of HaloLT

HaloLT

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi HaloLT,

A red x will typically appear for one of the following reasons:
1) a link to an image has changed,
2) a link to an image has been removed, or
3) your email client or browser is unable to display that type of image (what format is your picture? The best format's to use on the web are ones like .jpg, .png, .gif)

Another problem could be that the images have a CMYK color mode attached to them - which is not web friendly. You should be able to set your color mode to RBG-16bit and you will then be able to upload them.

Did you delete the pictures from your File Manager? For the pictures to displayed on your site, they need to remain in the File Manager. If you moved the picture to another folder in the File Manager, you will need to 'readd' it so that it knows where to find the pic.

Otherwise, please can you post your URL to the page with the problem.
Photo of HaloLT

HaloLT

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
But i dont get it.
i had made a banner when i first started... using photoshop.
900x220 and that worked and when i tried the new one i created (the same way) And now its not working the top banner doesnt have a red X just a blank banner its black. and as for the pic it has an X and i have not altered anything within my file manager. and they are both Jpg someone please help asap.
Photo of HaloLT

HaloLT

• 26 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi HaloLT - can you let us know which page of your site has the banner that doesn't show?