I want to know how to remove a re-direct Please

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Old

I am trying to add my Alexa verification ID to my site. When I have done this and tried to verify it on Alexa it comes up with this following message:- Your home page is redirecting (code 302) to an URL on another domain.
Please either remove this redirect or claim the site that is being redirected to instead. I want to know how to remove this redirect. Thank you L
Photo of Louise

Louise

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • ANXIOUS

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of loumcphie

loumcphie

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
What a performance so far!!! I am using Google chrome and I have cleared the cache and cookies as per your instruction, but I still cannot link to my internal pages as it is doing the same as before (blinking). All of the internal pages which I am trying to link to are all written in the English language. I managed to link up the pages using Firefox which worked perfectly well, however in Firefox as soon as I link up a page I lose the link colour and the font size shrinks from normal to small? It doesn't happen to all of the links only some, which I cannot understand? I have tried to make the fonts bigger but to no avail. Ideally I would like to use one or the other search engines as I should not have to use both servers to get these two effects. Please help as I am really tired. Is it possible for you to go inside my site and have a look at what I mean? (Private investigations service gr page)
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello loumcphie

Are you referring to your website wpeinvestigations.com? I've checked your greek home page on this website in your Yola Sitebuilder. When I look at the HTML code of some of your Text Widgets, I can see that the font type and font size have been changed within the Text Widget manually ("inline formatting"). At the same time, you have the Style Designer enabled which determines a certain link font size and colour. To avoid unwanted effects, I'd suggest that you first make the basic descision if you want to use the Style Designer to set up a consistent design throughout your whole website or if you'd prefer to customize the font properties of your text in each Text Widget individually.

If you go for the first option which I recommend, you should go into each Text Widget, highlight the whole text and remove the formatting by clicking on the "Remove formatting" icon in the Text Editing Toolbar. Once done, open your Style Designer and set the properties for your paragraph text, headings, and links. These settings will apply to all your text site-wide. You can access the Style Designer at multiple places, such as via the Palette icon in the top-right corner, or under Page > Page Properties.

If you go for the second option, you will need to disable the Style Designer and format your text in each Text Widget indivudally, using the Text Editing Toolbar. This is more laborious on the long term and I would only recommend to use it if you don't need design consistency for your website.

Please let me know if you have any questions on the details or if you were referring to another website of your account.
Photo of loumcphie

loumcphie

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
In your site designer I have set the following:-

Navigation colour
Main header colour
paragraph family font
Link text font
Link text hover
Link text visited colour

The only thing which is working for me is the navigation colour. I have not set the main header pixels as I haven't got a clue about pixel sizes and it doesn't specify any sizes to choose from, which would have been a help/guide line so I have left this section alone. The link text font and colour plus colour font after visiting page does not alter to what I have set?

Also I am using google chrome and still cannot link up to the internal pages? I have done what you have told me to do (clear caches and cookies) and nothing has changed??? I can't understand why it worked before when I made my original site using the same template and it doesn't work now? If you look at my original published site you will see all links are working and all are of the same font size... i am not doing anything different from before and need to understand why linking the text to internal pages in google chrome does not work and when I go over to fire fox and try the same it does work (link up to internal pages), but after linking up it shrinks the text font size? I have then saved the pages because they are now linked and re-logged in using google chrome hoping to be able to change the font size, but to no avail. Anyway I shouldn't have to use two search engines!

I have not published my changes yet so you will only see my original existing site published to the web, which has no problems.

Is there anyway you can access my new version site and make these changes as I am ready to give up? wpeinvestigations.com

Thank you

L
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
I'm sorry you are feeling frustrated and ready to give up Loumcphie. We can access your account, and I have done so to demonstrate what Stefan detailed in his last reply. As he explained, in order for the settings you picked in the Style Designer to be applied to your website, you need to remove all inline formatting. I have done this on the homepage for wpeinvestigations.com. When you log into your account you should now see all the settings from the Style Designer have been applied in the Sitebuilder. Please refer back to Stefan's reply above where he details how to remove the inline formatting and do this for all the text widgets on the rest of your website if you want to move forward with using the Style Designer.

Also, regarding sizing, you can change it easily in the Style Designer by scrolling to the "Font" section, picking the font type you wish to update and then select "Font size." From there you can use a slider to make it larger or smaller if you're not sure of the pixel size you want. Please see the screenshot below.

Finally, we agree completely you should not have to switch back and forth between multiple browsers, but I am able to use the link editor to link text within your website and to external websites in both Chrome and Firefox without issue. If you could send us a screencast of exactly what's happening for you in Chrome, that would help us to investigate further. The link sizing issue you explained is purely due to the conflict created by using both in-line editing and the Style Designer. You will see on your homepage, that issue was resolved by removing the inline formatting as Stefan detailed in his last reply to you.
Photo of loumcphie

loumcphie

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello Laura,

Thank you so much for your easy instructions....I can't believe how easy it was and manged to finish off the site last night. The only problem I have now is I can't upload the face book image but have managed to upload the google + and tweets, but when published the only thing I can see is tweets? Can you help?

Thank you
L
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello loumcphie

I'm not 100% sure if this is what you're trying to achieve, but have you seen our "Share Me" Widget? This is how you can access it: Widgets > More > Social. This Widget will provide you with Share buttons for both Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.

If you added this Widget, but it only shows the Twitter button, please let us know your website URL and page name again (as this thread is getting very long to find previous information), and we'll be able to check what's going on.

If you want to use custom icons for the Social Media platforms and link them to your respective Social Media pages, you will need to upload the icons as image files and then add them using the Column Divider Widget and Picture Widget. You can see an example for this in the footer of this website (the icons haven't been linked, though): awesum Crochet test site
Photo of loumcphie

loumcphie

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You will see that tweet is just showing on my home page http://wpeinvestigations.com/.

And on my other home page http://www.waites-interiors.co.uk/.

You will see that I have added (uploaded) the share buttons on these pages, but they do not show when published?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi loumcphie,

I'm still not sure we're understanding the problem you are experiencing. The screenshot below shows the share me buttons from Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Is this what you're referring to? If so, it looks in order. If we are still misunderstanding, please let me know.

Photo of loumcphie

loumcphie

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This is what I've got:-

I cannot understand why this is?
Photo of loumcphie

loumcphie

• 21 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have used 2 different computers and looked both in firefox and google chrome and this is what I get?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
We have checked on several different computers and networks and always see the widgets. Have you tried the initial troubleshooting section? It would help if we could start there. Thanks!