I would like to change my domain name. How do I do that?

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Photo of SynthaSite FAQ

SynthaSite FAQ

• 67 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Choose "publishing settings" from the "Publish" menu. You will be given the option to change your domain name. However, please note that changing your domain name releases your old domain name to be registered by other users.
Photo of averojas

averojas

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just unpublush mi site by mistake and now I have to pay again?!!! Can I retake my domian?
Photo of averojas

averojas

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just unpublush mi site by mistake and now I have to pay again?!!! Can I recover my old domain?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi averojas - if you've unpublished your site and you would like to publish it again, follow these steps:
1. Click on "Publish My Site"
2. Click on the link in the bottom "Use my Domain".
3. Click on "I have done this" and fill in your domain name.
4. Follow the prompts to publish your site.

Let us know if you need any other help.
Photo of Imran

Imran

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How can i design my own email that can be forward to my yahoo account?

how can i design my email in http://ide.synthasite.com and
how can i design my email in the domain i already got from godady.com

Plz help.
THnx
Photo of cmd ceramics

cmd ceramics

• 87 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You cant use yahoo email like this you need to upgrade to yahoo mail plus for something like $20 per year.

tiler london www.cmdceramics.com
roofer london www.thelondonroofer.co.uk
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Imran,

Making email part of SynthaSite is definitely on the roadmap, but it is not scheduled yet. But as a user you have a strong vote in how we make our plans - thank you for asking and if others have the same request please respond and let us know.

We are very interested to know what kind of email service you are after - would you just want a single account with a web interface, or are your needs for something more than that?

You can set up an email in the domain name from GoDaddy.com, but you will need to contact them for instructions on how to do that.

Perhaps some SynthaSiters have some advice for you on this one?
Photo of Rick

Rick

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This may sound stupid but were is the Publish menu?!
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Rick,

Here is a picture showing you the Publish Menu

Let me know if this isn't what you are looking for.
Photo of TinaHunter

TinaHunter

• 38 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The renewal for my website domain is coming up in the spring and I'd like to transfer it over to SynthaSite. Is that possible now that you sell domains?

The only problem with transfering it over is that I have two email addresses for my website currently and I wouldn't want to lose them (Migration might be a problem but I could always just back up the important stuff to my hard drive).

The kind of email service am I looking for would be an online interface with the option of using Outlook. That's about it. (If other people want something fancy perhaps you can make a deal with gmail and then you would have all the gadet things anyone could want)

Any time lines on when domain transfering and emails might become availible?
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Tina,

You can currently transfer your domain name over to us, however, we don't have an email service available at this time, I'm sorry.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Photo of Debbie

Debbie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I followed the instructions in the Publishing settings but my domain name did not change. I am confused. Help, please. Debbie
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Debbie,

Did you change to a different subdomain, or did you buy a .com (custom) domain name?
Photo of Debbie

Debbie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Ruth,

I changed to a different subdomain.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Debbie,
Ruth is currently off line so I will continue assisting you. I'm going to give you the instructions for changing your subdomain name just so you can check to see if you did each step.

To change your subdomain name:
1) Click on the drop down arrow next to the yellow "Update my Site" button
2) Click on "Publishing Settings"
3) A dialog box will open up. Click on "Manage Your Domains"
4) Type in your new domain name and click "save"

Your site will then be published to your new domain.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Regards,
Emmy
Photo of radzi

radzi

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
this doesn't work for me. opened up URL only cPanel appears.
*sorry about my english. hope you can understand
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi radzi - are you trying to setup your domain so that you can publish your site? You can find more information on how to do that on this thread: http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite.... Let us know if you need any other help.
Photo of Debbie

Debbie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emmy,

When I did that, I got a new website. I have deleted the site and tried again. Now I am told the domain is not available.

Thanks, Debbie
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Debbie,
Can you submit this request to me via the Help Button in the upper right hand corner of your Site Builder and I will assist your from there.

Thanks,
Emmy