Image formatting

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
how come some of the pictures i put in a text box format to size but others don't?
Photo of A

A

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of diane

diane

• 29 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
hi, the text box I've found can be very finicky. I'm not sure what you mean by format to size? Are all of your pictures the same size to begin with or are you relying on the text editor to "squeeze" it in? Please post an url so it can be looked at.
Photo of joomla

joomla

• 69 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is it me or are the Yola employees very distant now?
Photo of A

A

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
sorry i can't leave an address because it is a private site, but as in formatting i mean resizing it to fit within the text box
Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hi there A,
The text - box image resizing usually depends on the positioning of the text box.

You can however resize the images easily by clicking on them and dragging them bigger.

I hope this helps.
Photo of A

A

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Are you sure you can just click on them and resize them, because i'm sure i have tried that
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Hi A,

If you add a large image to your filemanager the best thing to do is to edit it in Picnik to the size you want it displayed on the screen.
That way the image will load fast, no matter what size you scale it to if the original file is large it will take a longer time to load.

Jeremy is correct you can tweak the size of an image by clicking and dragging it.

But i would reccommend resizing the original image down first.

Lee.

Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi A,

Yes this is possible. Click on the image and simply drag it the size you would like it to be. Here is a screenshot:

Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hi there A,
What browser are you using to edit your site?
Photo of A

A

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
safari
Photo of A

A

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
maybe i should try mozilla
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi A - I would suggest using Firefox. For the best user experience do we recommend using Firefox.
Photo of A

A

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
yeah i tried it and it works now, thanks everyone. Everything is fine now
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Excellent news!!!!