Internet Explorer Problems

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
Hello,

The new text box widgets don't display the rounded corners in IE. Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks.
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 33 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of David

David

• 465 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Hi Chris
You may be using an old version of IE, if so upgrade to 9 and try that.
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
If you are able to do code, there is a solution called Pie but you would have to find the class or id name of the widget and then upload the Pie htc file and add some CSS code. I am not entirely sure how the new widgets' CSS is presented. It is a bit complicated. You can read more about Pie here: http://css3pie.com/ I hope this is helpful.

But upgrading IE is a good idea! Or try Firefox.
Photo of David

David

• 465 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Hi Diane
I suggested IE9 because I can view the rounded corners using it which I can't do using 7/8
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Good suggestion, David. I just added the Pie suggestion as I have used it with Yola and it works well with IE 7 and 8. It is for advanced users though and you need Silver (now that I think about it) :)
Photo of debbym

debbym

• 125 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I saw this comment after I had posted mine about the problems I was having.

I'm not an advanced user - is there any way that I can resolve this problem without having to resort to editing HTML or CSS code?

I have Silver but I really haven't got any coding knowledge other than the most basic stuff.....
Photo of David

David

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Best advice, don't use any version of IE. It's slow and not very good at blocking bugs and viruses. I use Mozilla for everything now.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello debbym,

The only other way to get around this is to create an actual image that has rounded corners and your desired text. Then, you can use the Picture Widget to upload this to your site.
Photo of debbym

debbym

• 125 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks David for the advice - I've been using Mozilla for everything for about 3 or 4 years now. I never touch IE for the very reasons you say, but when I read the posts about IE, I thought I'd better have a look at my site from IE to see what they were seeing.

The problem is, my clients DO use IE. Will they have the same problems with my site as I do trying to get it to load and viewing what I believe my website looks like in Mozilla?

Are you saying, Sanja, that the next text box widget doesn't work unless you view it in Mozilla - therefore making the assumption that everyone who views your site is using Mozilla? Logically, that means that you should not use the new text box, but create your own in the 'old' way.
Photo of the_pete

the_pete

• 65 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Official Response
An explanation as to why the panel widget renders differently can be found in the official response to this GS post: http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/pos...