Introducing Yola Mail: easy email for your custom domain

• Announcement
  • Updated 6 years ago
Hi everyone

Today we released an exciting new feature that I wanted to tell you about. We've heard a lot of feedback from our customers that it is just too difficult to set up email for your custom domain using Gmail or Hotmail. We agree, so we got to work on making that easier for you.

We're happy to announce the release of Yola Mail, which allows you to easily add mailboxes to your custom domain for only $9.96 per mailbox per year. Our focus is on making it as easy as possible, removing all difficulties with setting up email for your domain. There are no additional accounts to register for, no fancy coding needed, no messing around in your domain settings. Just create a username and password, and you're done! Here is an example of what a mailbox looks like:

How to set up Yola Mail

Exactly how easy is it to set up email? Watch this... If you'd like to set up Yola Mail on your custom domain, just sign in to My Yola, and go to the Yola Mail tab. You'll see an option to sign up for Yola Mail:

When you click on the Get Yola Mail button, you'll go to a payment page. We made this simple by attaching Yola Mail to your custom domain for as long as your domain is active, so we'll automatically calculate the cost based on the amount of time you have left on your domain before it expires. After you've paid, all you need to do is set up your email address by adding a username and password:

And that's it, you're done! On the next screen you'll see your Mailbox settings, and a button to access your Inbox. Just add a bookmark to your Inbox in your internet browser and you can go there directly to access your email whenever you want. You can access your Inbox from any computer with our web-based email solution, or you can set up your favorite email program (like Outlook) to send and receive email.

We really hope you like this new feature, and we look forward to your feedback - let us know what you think! To learn more about Yola Mail and see more images of what it looks like, visit our web site.

Rian
Sr. Product Manager
Photo of Rian

Rian

• 42 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • excited

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Linda Anderson

Linda Anderson

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Rian: I am having a very very difficult problem with Yola mail. My email has been down for over 48 hours and has not yet been resolved. Your CS people are nice but that's not enough. I am losing customers and am frustrated because the mail is being returned to my customers, business associates and prospects stating the email does not exist.

I paid money for this service and want to know why it has not yet been resolved. Who is the infamous email provider who everyone is stating is the cause of this mishap. I need an immediate solution. My URL is www.tvglobalenterprisesllc.com

Thanks

Linda Anderson
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Linda,
We are also working with you on another thread regarding this very issue. I know this is very frustrating, and Jackie will be able to get back to you when she is online again. I am really sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Erica Roberts

Erica Roberts

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
IS there any way to setup yola mail to the iphone mail app?
Photo of Jackie

Jackie

• 640 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Hi Erica,

If you would like to setup Yola Mail with your iPhone, please follow these steps:

- Go to "Settings".
- Select "Add Account".
- Select "Other".
- Select "Add Mail Account".
- Fill out the fields:
- Name: Your name
- Address: mailbox@yourdomain.com
- Password: Your password
- Description: Description for your mailbox
- Click "Next".

It will then take you to a screen where you can add your mail server information:

Incoming Mail Server:
Host name: mail.yourdomain.com
User name: mailbox@yourdomain.com
Password: Your password

Outgoing Mail Server:
Host name: mail.yourdomain.com
User name: mailbox@yourdomain.com
Password: Your password

Click "Next".

Your account will go through a verification process and once this is completed Yola Mail will be added to your iPhone.
Photo of Chelsea Higgins

Chelsea Higgins

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I keep getting an error message that says "Cannot connect using SSL". Any ideas? Also, I think I'm messing up the Host name. My yola email is Chelsea@snaphappypbc.com so shouldn't the host name be mail.snaphappypbc.com? Or is it Chelsea.snaphappypbc.com? Or something else entirely? I've been trying this every which way I can think of, and I'm stumped. Thanks in advance.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Your host name will be mail.your_domain.com where your_domain is your registered domain name, generally the domin you used to publish your site. If your domain name is snaphappypbc.com then mail.snaphappypbc.com is correct.

The message that says "Cannot connect using SSL" is saying that it is trying to connect using a secure connection. Try using http rather than https and see if that gets the issue resoved.
Photo of John

John

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I currently have email setup for my customized domain hosted by Yola. It's setup through gmail, and I happen to access it through Yahoo Mail. Normally it works fine, but I've had a couple times recently that I have not received an email that was supposed to come through.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking about paying the $10/yr for Yola Mail, but have a couple questions...

Will the transition be seemless?
Can I still access it through POP?
Can I forward it to another email address?
Will it be more reliable that what I currently have?

Any assistance would be great.
Thanks.
John
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello John

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your Google Apps account, and I'm afraid that I won't be able to assist you much with that one, but would rather suggest to contact Google Support on that matter.

You are more than welcome to add Yola Mail to your Yola-bought domain. Once you purchased it, it will be available within a couple of hours, and from then all your incoming e-mails will be sent to your Yola Mail account.

You can use POP to download/send your e-mails from your Yola Mail account., e.g. by using MS Outlook. You can also forward your e-mails to another e-mail address.

Yola Mail has been very reliable for our users, and should there be any technical error, we'd sort it out as quickly as we possibly can.

For more information about Yola Mail please see this tutorial.
Photo of John

John

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I see a little note that says "Please note: Yola Mail is not available to partner programs."

Does that mean since I signed up through gybo.ca program that I can't get Yola Mail?

I can't seem to find it anywhere after I login to myyola.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Yes that is correct John.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hi John

I'm afraid that's correct. But you can use custom e-mail provided by Google Apps Mail. Have a look at our tutorial to check whether this is an option for you: Setting up your e-mail with Google Apps.
Photo of missbaker3

missbaker3

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have not been able to log into my yola mail via my yola since I purchased mail-LAST YEAR. When I emailed CS, I was told it was a glitch and would be fixed ASAP.....LAST YEAR. In the mean time... I can go to some other URL and log in from there, but NOT FROM YOLA. They tell me in help that it should be "click yola mail, then get mail". But, when I click yola mail, it tells me to select a domain name to register-I HAVE HAD MY OWN DOMAIN VIA YOLA FOR YEARS. This is frustrating because I have paid for mail-and CANNOT ACCESS IT AS I AM TOLD. Maybe there is another get mail link, but I have clicked edit site and nothing. There is certainly nothing on the My Yola page other than Yola Mail and the select your domain to buy your mail deal-which I ALREADY HAVE AND HAD FOR YEARS. Very frustrating.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello missbaker3

I've checked your Yola account, and we're looking into this right now. I will update you on this thread.
Photo of Violet Rose Reiki

Violet Rose Reiki

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I love the idea but, I just set up a secondary email and tested receiving/reply. Received well but when I replied, it replied as the 1st email's name. What do I need to do to fix this?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Violet

Do you mean by "secondary e-mail" that you created an alias e-mail address to your main e-mail address? If an e-mail is sent to your alias and you want to reply to it from the alias, you will be able to choose this alias as the sender address from a drop down menu at the top of your reply screen, next to "From: ...".

Violet Rose Reiki

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Stefan! One more question....can I set up a signature for the Alias and if so, how? Much appreciated! :)
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Violet, check out this thread for steps on adding a signature to your email.

Violet Rose Reiki

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry Laura, this does not help. I have a signature on the first email I created. My question was how to do one for my ALIAS.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Violet

I'm afraid that you can just set up one signature for all e-mail addresses, not a different one for a specific alias. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you on this one right now.

Violet Rose Reiki

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, I'm sorry also. :(