Introducing Yola Pro

• Announcement
  • Updated 6 years ago
We have just released our first version of Yola Pro. Yola Pro allows users of free Yola accounts to upgrade to a premium package for $49.95 per year

Here are the details on what the package includes:
1) The ability to create up to 25 sites in your account.
2) Individual file uploads of up to 100MB
3) Total storage of 5GIG per site and 125GIG for your account.
4) The Yola Link removed from any free style you use in your account.
5) One Premium Style credit. This credit can be used for all the sites in your account.
6) The ability to upload HTML, Javascript and CSS files.
7) Credits for services from iStockphotos, Facebook Ads Trial and Yahoo Search.

We are excited to introduce this package as it includes frequently requested features such as larger file uploads and the ability to upload HTML, Javascript and CSS files.

As an existing user: please take note that if you are over the site or storage limit none of your sites or files will be lost! You will be able to keep everything as part of your free account. However, should you require additional sites or storage you will need to upgrade.

For more information on why we have introduced this package, see the blogpost by our CEO: Yola Pro FAQ

As always the Yola staff are on stand by to receive your feedback and answer any questions you may have.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of greyeyesgabriel

greyeyesgabriel

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Considering what you would pay for hosting per year at most places; and the software you would have to by; and the knowledge you would have to have for FTP transfers to the host; and the top notch support @ Yola.com, the $20 domain registration per year is the best value on the internet. Yola is the best investment you can make for your business; and if you would rather have someone else build it for you, http://greyeyesgabrielinternational.com is here to assist you in your web needs. Build packages will be released later this week and will include, a basic Yola platform website with domain registration & link banner removed; at additional charge you can add a basic social network built on the Ning platform with additional features extra; and additional paid features widgets hosted on your website listed in the Widgetbox gallery that links to your website, or social network. All packages will be detailed @ our website http://greyeyesgabrielinternational.com and will be announced in our blog http://greyeyesgabrielinternational.b... as well as @ our support community http://getsatisfaction.com/greyeyesga.... Your one stop web 2.0 solution is @ greyeyesgabriel international. Thank you for providing your valuable product to us @ http://www.Yola.com you are the best!
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
You can't be serious??
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
I hear ya Boomer
Photo of Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes

Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes, Champion

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Spamola at its finest...

Interesting "MODIFICATION" of the YOLA logo on the index page... ;)
Photo of greyeyesgabriel

greyeyesgabriel

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Serious; yes, very! Price around; hosting fees are monthly anywhere else and the average per month price is between $5-$10 per month; compounded into a one time yearly charge to your credit card, or debit card. Hosting fees usually run into the hundreds annually; while Yola provides a free hosting platform. Look at other web builders on the web, even social; they all either want you to purchase your domain through them or pay a monthly fee to point your DNS; even web companies have to have revenue to survive. A good example of this is the failure of Pagii; as of October 30, Pagii will no longer be hosting it's web builder site; they depended on affiliate niche marketing for the survival of their business. Not enough people clicked the ads; they were there to build. I have been studying and working on web 2.0 technologies before it caused the SE to change how they crawl websites. I have been developing my PODS technique for almost 2 years and it is the most powerful personal web page I have seen in awhile. Not everyone has the time or knowledge to build their own website. The packages will be offered later this week, and whether the sponsors of these packages want to partner or not; these are the platforms I am offering; these are the best ranked and best companies on the web. Yola offers free hosting; and building tools that replaces expensive software; go see what webs charges for what they offer; and keep in mind that your domain registration there could go up in price after the first year, just as GoDaddy can, depending on the value of your domain. Apparently Yola has something to offer you; why else would you even be in the support forum here? You support the Wal Mart brand name every time you shop there, why shouldn't you support the company that allows your company to advertise with no ads of their own; only a small link on free accounts that you can remove for $10 a year and still have your free hosting. I think Yola is doing their best to find a balance between offering you the best web builder tools and free hosting and paying for you to use these free services; with over 300,000 people using the Yola brand for their web hosting needs; can run bills up with a quickness. Yola has been dedicated to providing FREE WEB HOSTING since it first started as Synthasite. To be able to have domain control on the same site as it is hosted on is quite a convenience, just try to find the same service that Yola offers anywhere else. Compare storage space you get at Yola with the space you get for free with webs. The fact you can not point your domain with webs and must register it with them for a fee; even a transfer fee, but can not transfer out of webs if not satisfied with their service. The same with Ning; you have to pay to point your domain bought elsewhere per MONTH, paid annually. No one else offers what Yola does, this is what makes the whole package Yola offers the best deal on the web!
Photo of greyeyesgabriel

greyeyesgabriel

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes,

Thank you; took me about 5 minutes last night. Just a way for me to give back to free advertising for a company that does so much for me for free!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Gabriel,
The Yola forum is not a place to advertise and promote your services as this is considered very spam like. Please keep your posts in the forum to questions or comments about Yola. Thank you very much for adhering to these guidelines in the future, we appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
Emmy

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
I personally cannot speak for Boomer or John but I find it rather rude, bad taste and just pain insulting that you in other posts try to cut down YOLA's fine service then do an about face and in the same breath sell your "Services" in a forum which is clearly not an advertising classifieds site...

I do believe that all three of our comments were related to your post in general as an ad placed here to drum up business for your site. This is not craigslist and I for one would prefer not to see it spammed up like crazy...

If you have something constructive, positive and a benefit to the community that shows something which can help others build and better their sites then to place your URL would be perfectly acceptable but if you or any other member out their (you guys know who you are) simply add posts or threads to try to benefit your site then I say please stop.

This topic of advertising on GS has come up countless times and at each occurrence it has been met with the same disdain and dislike by all members. Please let's keep it free from this type of advertising...

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Gabriel

My comment about your use of the YOLA logo was more of a backward attempt to say hey YOLA look at his modification of your trademarked logo and the fact that it was taken from a page that clearly states and I quote...

Badge do's and don'ts:

* The badges are for use only on your Yolasite and not for broad distribution or other non-Yola channels.
* Do not distort the badge, always maintain its original proportions.
* Do not alter the shape, configuration or proportions of the badge.
* Do not add text or graphics to the badge.

http://www.yola.com/community-badges....

You might think about finding one that you like and not altering it to suit your site my friend...
Photo of greyeyesgabriel

greyeyesgabriel

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Actually you can visit my conversation about just this thing which was answered by Monique and I quote;

Remove
Monique, (Official Rep), commented 1 day ago
Hi Gabriel. Thank you for clarifying this point. Here is a general guideline for people to follow: you should not use the name Yola to try to pass off your own site as being connected to Yola (such as in your site title or domain name). However, you are always welcome to link to us, provided it is clear that you are promoting the Yola brand and any advertising links back to www.yola.com. Once again, thank you for your support and we wish you the best of luck with your site!

You can visit this thread here

Apparently you did not click through the banner to see that it promotes Yola and even says so in the TM banner, notice that the TM is still present in the Logo and is connected to Yola. My company does not profit directly from or indirectly from the banner; the only one that profits from the banner is Yola. I only pointed out a vulnerability. I do have a lot to contribute to the community; and I will respect the wishes of the Official Reps, but I provided examples of how you can use Pro features of Yola and other businesses like Yola to benefit your business. Yola will let me know whether they disapprove of the free affiliate banner link.

these were acceptable examples:
http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/rea...
Thank you kindly, however if I was really spamming, it would have been a simple linked .jpg...I am also working on a website to provide FREE links to FREE resources for web production that I have found, used and learned from to be able to write & read code, as well as development; because so many people have asked me to teach them to do what I do. Thank you, Emmy for your kind direction, I will adhere better.
and after looking at Yola's business model I provided a turn about on my opinion of the domain registration; as well as provided examples of how a person can use Yola's paid features to benefit your company indirectly
Photo of greyeyesgabriel

greyeyesgabriel

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
OK; now my company benefits from the link; as I am now a company affiliate and have replaced my custom banner with an affiliate banner. Thank you for pointing that out to me Ed-a-Torials @ Honey Bear Playhomes.

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Link back aside it still is an infringement or alteration of a respected trademark which has implications in itself and I was pointing out that you might wish to rethink the editing of the logo as they have in the past had issue with others that did so. Yours may very well be innocent but it directly goes against the previously stated TOS.

I think that you are misinterpreting that which was stated by Monique as to the image you presented to her in that thread. It appears that you altered the image after you posted and that is the issue I see and not that you asked for permission and was granted it but used permission then changed it after.

Here is an alternate to editing the image. Become a Commission Junction affiliate and place a banner on your site which earns you money instead.

http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/the...

• 2582 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Hey that's great... Now you are good to go and on the up and up... Great job on the little change... I hope it pays off
Photo of greyeyesgabriel

greyeyesgabriel

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Apparently you missed my last post; I am now a Yola affiliate and have a link banner; CJ is one of my favorite affiliate companies, kind of like I can see the future, huh? LOL... Why are you so offended? Thanks for the advertising, though. Wouldn't it be funny if there were a feature or social network that ended up with that same logo; sponsored by Yola of course...gee, it sure is a cute logo, even if I do say so myself. Wouldn't it be cool to have a free feature that showcased your @Yola! built websites? A website that showcased the talent @Yola!, connected with a social network that would allow Yola designers and clients to get to know each other and add to the web 2.0 strength in the search engines; that type of improvement to Yola could move their ranking up into the top 100...so what do you think?
Photo of greyeyesgabriel

greyeyesgabriel

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Why not tell Yola that you would like to see greyeyesgabriel @Yola! idea implemented into the company...I don't see how anyone could not like the idea.
Photo of greyeyesgabriel

greyeyesgabriel

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have submitted this idea and transferred further discussion of it to a new thread; come read about an idea for a new feature Yola; The @Yola! Network, and let Yola as well as myself know what you think about it.

http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/_yola

P.S. my opening link on my company website says Get Noticed... do you see me?
Photo of greyeyesgabriel

greyeyesgabriel

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
As far as the actual Yola Pro account; if there is nothing you need from it, then you don't have to purchase it, but there were enough people that wanted these features and were willing to pay for them that it became worth it for Yola to develop them. Look around the web; everyone is getting on the Pro bandwagon; Widgetbox offers Pro paid features that many take advantage of, as well as tagged & myyearbook having their VIP services and features for paid customers. In this way businesses can afford to offer such great free services and features while earning enough revenue to keep the company running. I think that most of the people that oppose these paid features are:

1. Jealous that they aren't free features.

2. Upset that the upgrade came with limitations.(Life comes with limitations.)

3. Were spoiled to the unlimited space and sites.(but if you were over the limit nothing was taken away.)

If you have such a big problem with the Pro package, don't buy it; if you can find a better value on the web, take it. The fact is that if you weigh all that is offered by Yola for free, and compare prices of the same paid services; you will find that Yola has the best value on the web; I am greyeyesgabriel2.0, I am everywhere on the web...want to know where...

...google greyeyesgabriel...
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
I'm confused. ^^ eyebrows raised and eyes rolling
Photo of greyeyesgabriel

greyeyesgabriel

• 58 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Don't be confused diane, GetSatisfaction prefers that I use my real name; but I am better know in the virtual world as greyeyesgabriel, the link is kinda like where's waldo for the web...
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
actually I was being sarcastic. (now I'm going to have to stop following this conversation again :))
Photo of Abdelhakim Baa

Abdelhakim Baa

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello you speak French
I have a problem
pass me a person who speaks French please

this is my site
using
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello,

I just responded to you on this thread: http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/how...
Photo of Anna Wong

Anna Wong

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Laura,
Please have a look at my website
www ariannaquilts.com
I need a review as I am building a website trying to attract western English speaking people. But as a foreigner it always seemed a bit difficult.
I need a professional pair of eyes to tell me how to change the layout or color themes to suit western tastes.
I am building it so hard including building paypal shopping cart buttons to all the products.
So please help:)
Most appreciated!
Arianna
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Anna

Can you please post this again on this thread for us to assist you further? http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/tel...
Thanks!