Iphone app

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Under Consideration
You guys at synthasite should make a iphone/ipod touch app.
I know it would be hard but I would like to wdit my site on the go.
Photo of Robotdude

Robotdude

• 40 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Hopeful

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks for the suggestion Robotdude. While I can't make any promises about future developments I will pass your request on.
Photo of Hans

Hans

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Totally support that. I was using Tumblr before for blog posting with relative ease to add photos and other content. I prefer the synthasite blog for ease of setup, but am a little annoyed that I can't update from my iphone.
Photo of Adam

Adam

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
that would be realy awsome cuz i want to be able to edit my website

and i want to be able to make an ipod friendly version of my website even if it requires coding just let me know if iam gonna be wasting my time or not
Photo of David Blayney

David Blayney

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great idea
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Thank you for your requests, everyone!

We are always welcome to suggestions and like Ruth said, though we cannot promise anything, we will pass your requests on.
Photo of minnesotaauction

minnesotaauction

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
You can almost edit your site with the iphone. i have been able to edit text but adding html or new widgets doesnt work out. i would love to see editing on the go soon!

cheapwebz.co.cc
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello Minnesotaauction,
Yes, you do have the capabilities to do a bit of sitebuilding on a smartphone. Thank you for commenting on this thread. Our engineers are aware that this feature would be useful for many customers.
Cheers!
Photo of Uberlinks Org

Uberlinks Org

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yea, Another great idea is adding yola plugins! I have chatted about this on other threads, and would love to see it happen. Check out my yola site, http://www.uberlinks.org - For it being a yola site it is functional and user friendly. My only problem is adding a "user login"
Does anyone know of a way to make a user site - maybe something that just logs them in and displays the account info on the top right.. Just to make it more professional>?
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 5 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I love that idea!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
I love this idea! This would be great! But it seems like i wouldn't be possible. Because of all of the widgets on the side and all of the coding involved it seems like it would be too hard.

Nathan
Photo of condo58

condo58

• 130 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I too, would love the ability to edit from my iphone!!!
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello condo,

You may like to see the official response on this issue here: http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/yol...
Photo of condo58

condo58

• 130 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks for the info and the link. :-)
Photo of reethajone

reethajone

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
good :) :)
Photo of Jen A Gattermayer

Jen A Gattermayer

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm just really confused as to why there is not an app!? Why wouldn't yola want to be convenient on the go? Really bummed :(
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Jen,

We strive for convenience with our Sitebuilder but a lot of the technology our Sitebuilder utilizes to make creating a website simple and easy is not compatible with mobile applications so we have to trade "on the go" for ease of use on a computer. You can learn more about the specifics in the official reply of this post.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Wrong link Laura. Can you edit the link please? (Pointing to Yola Online Store: FAQ. What is the Online Store? )
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Drat! Thanks for letting me know. Sorted!
Photo of grols

grols

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
yes!
and would do well to similar app for Android