Is Yola any closer to allowing the Google 404 widget to work?

• Idea
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Not Planned
I see a while back some one mentioned but i am sure this is a widget that needs to be put in place?
Photo of Callum Clarke

Callum Clarke

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of jeremy

jeremy, Employee

• 1349 Posts
  • 90 Reply Likes
Hi there Callum,

Can you please let me know what the Google 404 widget is? I am not aware of a widget for 404's?

Unfortunately we do not offer custom 404 pages on Yola.

If users are repeatedly getting 404 errors on your site I would suggest you check to see if you have a difficult URL or an incorrect spelling in your URL?

If you do you can easily change your page name following our tutorial: Change page name

I hope this helps. If this does not solve your problem, please let us know.
Photo of Callum Clarke

Callum Clarke

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jeremy,

http://support.google.com/webmasters/...

Here is the widget from Google for the 404 pages, very nice touch if you guys can install this

CC
Photo of Callum Clarke

Callum Clarke

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i suppose it helps as much as you guys can provide if that makes sense.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Callum

Please note Googles information: "Because the widget is still an experimental feature, we don't currently provide closest match, alternative URL, and sitemap suggestions for all sites." As long as it is an experimental feature, I'm afraid it won't be likely that Yola adds it as a feature/widget to the Sitebuilder.

But you're welcome to try the code Google provides on your website by using an HTML Widget. Drag and drop an HTML Widget at the top of your page, copy/paste the exact code, make the amendment to your URL within the code according to Google's instructions, and save it.