Is Yola going to be tested by Trend Micro?

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
Hi.

When will Yola be tested by Trend Micro, or will it be tested at all...I am asking this because my internet Security "Trend Micro Pro 09" keeps telling me this is not a tested site and may have harmfull activity. I just Yola as i have had no problem before. Tho it is getting annoying getting this message.

Thanks
shaq
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Jonathan Hitchcock

Jonathan Hitchcock

• 37 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Shaq,

Trend Micro is a proprietary piece of software that has its own list of malware and dangerous software, maintained by the company that owns Trend Micro. If you want them to add Yola to their list of safe sites, you will have to take it up with them - there is no way we can tell them what to do.

I can assure you that, as you know, Yola is safe and secure, and contains no malware or viruses. If you want the warnings from Trend Micro to go away, file a ticket with them.

Cheers,
-Jonathan
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Sure will do. I thought Companys had to request that...
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Shaq...You might want to check into McAfee SiteAdvisor...What is really cool about it is when search results come up in Google,Live and Yahoo you will see a red, yellow or green check mark next to sites.Of course green is what you want next to your site.
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Trend micro does the same thing...
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
But many more people that surf the net use SiteAdvisor and that is what matters for us...Your average person knows McAfee but not Trend Micro.
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I use WOT and the Trend Micro's version of SA.... I have never used the McAfee site advisor is it free?
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Hello Shaq

I assume your concerns about warnings from Trend Micro is if yola.com has or has not been tested for malware and other such things that would make it an unsafe site. I do see yola.com as a tested green site on my McAfee SiteAdvisor. Maybe Trend Micro does not see yola.com as anything other than a brand new untested site at the moment....Did you have this problem before the change ? Also,companies sometimes do need to request testing and it is in their best interest to do so.

If you are interested in installing SiteAdvisor and testing your own site( it is free) you can get the downloads for Firefox and Explorer here...http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.....

Here is their company promo....McAfee SiteAdvisor helps protect you from all kinds of Web-based security threats including spyware, adware, spam, viruses, browser exploits, phishing, online fraud and identity theft. Our automated testers continually patrol the Web to browse sites, download files, and sign-up for things with e-mail addresses. As you search, browse, download or register online, SiteAdvisor's safety ratings help you stay safe and in control.

Once you have this installed on Firefox you will see in the bottom right of your browser a small toolbar (that is the only thing I would rather not have) and a tab to the right of that saying McAfee SiteAdvisor. If you want them to test your site go to your home page then click the tab...they will ask if you are the owner of the site etc. I think you can figure it all out. Once you have been tested and show green others will see you as a safe site when you show on a search page...Before they ever click your link they will see a green tab next to your link on the search page...I am sure you can see how this is good for us as site owners....Oh by the way don't be surprised if you have already been tested.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
That's good info John. Thanks for that.