it's again me :))...date in navigation bar?

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
hi all
could you tell me how to put the date in the navigation bar?
thank you
Photo of Carmelo Privitera

Carmelo Privitera

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello Carmelo,
Are you wondering about adding something like a date and time script? This can be done with javascript, here is a link with more information: Date and time scripts. However, I am unsure of how to put this in the navigation bar. If this is something you would like to do you can add it to the body of your page using the HTML Widget.

I hope this information is helpful!

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Andi North, Mangopear Media

Andi North, Mangopear Media

• 782 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Hi Carmelo,

What you can do is add a HTML widget to your page, and copy the following code into it (without the <!--- and --->)

<!---

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

var dayNames = new Array("Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday");

var monthNames = new Array("January","February","March","April","May","June","July",
"August","September","October","November","December");

var dt = new Date();
var y = dt.getYear();

if (y < 1000) y +=1900;

document.write(dayNames[dt.getDay()] + ", " + monthNames[dt.getMonth()] + " " + dt.getDate() + ", " + y);

</SCRIPT>

--->

To get this in the Navigation bar, you would need to add two column dividers to your page. Place one at the top of the page and move the dividing bar across to the far left, now add the second column divider to the right hand section of the column divider. Place the HTML Widget in the second Column divider and set the margins so that the top value reads about -100.

You will then need to Preview to make sure that the date is where you want it. If it is not, change the margin values so that it is. Please make sure that you increases the margin values a little bit at a time otherwise you may lose the HTML widget off of the page, and it is hard to get it back.

Please let me know if you need any more help on this matter.

Andi
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks Andi for your assistance!