Kontera Ads on my Yola Site

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Outdated thread

I'm trying to put Kontera in-text ads on my site, but they haven't appeared yet. Kontera's instructions say that I need to post their "tag" directly to my site's HTML code. Can I access my site's HTML code? I tried posting the tag to an HTML widget already, but that hasn't worked so far. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Photo of Tim Miller

Tim Miller

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • optimistically frustrated

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi Tim Miller,

You can't access the HTML code of your Yola site. What is the code for the tag they gave you? And are you trying to put text ads on your website? Did Kontera give you a code with tags like:

<!--

<tags>
<these are HTML tags>
<html tags>

-->

If they did you should be able to use an HTML widget and paste the code in If they just gave you text, with out HTML coding in it, then just paste it into a text widget. That might work.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
If they said you have to paste it into your HEAD tags of your site, you can't access the head of your site in Yola and you wont be able to put these in-text ads unless you find another way
Photo of Tim Miller

Tim Miller

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Kontera's tag is an HTML at the end of the page. Thanks for your help Nathan. I suspected that I wouldn't be able to get Kontera's code to work. I may just have to go with another ad company.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Your welcome! :) The HEAD tags are at the top, and if you drag an HTML widget to the bottom, then maybe it will work. Maybe once you put the code in you might have to wait a little bit and save it and preveiw it. It might not work in the site builder but if you preveiw it maybe it will show up. Did you preveiw it? I hope it works!
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Kontera DOES work with Yola and you DO have access to the html. You don't have access to CERTAIN parts of the html such as the head, etc. I use to use Kontera and I know for a fact they work, been a long time though, I realized that contextual advertising makes a site look like spam and you'll lose visitors the moment they step in.

You really should consider Google AdSense, they also have a higher payout, Kontera don't pay crap!

Hope this advice works for you.
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Kontera ads may or may not show up in the sitebuilder, possibly not even in the preview. For best results, I would recommend publishing your site and giving it at least an hour, see if that works. If not, recheck the directions to placing kontera ads, perhaps you missed something!
Photo of Vibrant Media

Vibrant Media

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi – I work for Vibrant Media. I’d be happy to talk to publishers interested in joining our in-text network. We offer the leading technology as well as the most relevant, most premium, and highest paying ads. You can reach me via email at accountmgmt@vibrantmedia.com. I’ll reply within 1 business day. Thank you.
Photo of Kontera

Kontera

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Tim,

This is Jonathan from Kontera. If you're still having problems please contact our helpful support team at support@kontera.com and they'll be happy to set you up.

Regarding Donald's comments about our In-Text ads, they absolutely pay. We feature an exclusive ad inventory from of the biggest brand names in the world including Blackberry, L'Oreal, Ford, Chips Ahoy!, Kmart, Microsoft, National Geographic, NBC, and more. These premium, often Rich-Media ads are the most eye catching to site visitors, offer the best possible CPC, and are only available through Kontera.

Additionally, because of our Synapse engine, an algorithm that rather than just scanning for keywords like other networks, can actually read your web pages for meaning, we can deliver more relevant ads to your content, leading to higher CTR and better CPC. Among In-Text networks, only Kontera offers this level of Topical Targeting.

In terms of the misconception that users feel that In-Text ads are spam, comScore, the leading internet marketing research firm, recently completed a study that found that Kontera In-Texts ads were actually one of the least intrusive ad types for users. You can read more about that study here: http://www.kontera.com/advertisers/re...

If anyone else would like to join the Kontera Network, we're currently offering new publishers a 70% revenue share, which is the best rate in the industry. Additionally, we're offering new publishers a $50 bonus if they get at least 25,000 U.S. page views during their first thirty days on the network. In addition, we recently lowered our minimum payout threshold from $100 to $50 across all payment methods, so now many publishers are seeing their earnings in half the time.

To learn even more about the Kontera Network, please visit our Publishers Page: http://www.kontera.com/publishers

Thanks,

- Jonathan Cohen
Kontera Community Manager
jonathanc@kontera.com
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Thank you for leaving your comment Jonathan!
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
lol, yea, pay everyone but me. anywhere from $0.01 for five clicks to $0.05 for one click, don't recall getting paid more than $0.05 for a click and often got paid $0.01 for FIVE clicks, that's 20% of ONE cent! But anyways...
Photo of Tim Miller

Tim Miller

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've tried Google Adsense, and I wasn't happy with it. That's why I'm going with another ad service. My Kontera ad tag hasn't worked on my blog yet, but I haven't tried placing it everywhere on the page. Still trying...
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
what's the reason you wasn't happy with Adsense? I prefer them over anyone, they are also the highest paying ad company (they take less commission)... maybe there was something you didn't like about them that's fixable. You can make the ads any color you want, you can change them to many different sizes, text links, image links, search boxes, etc.