LARGE White Box in Picnik

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Ive searched and found a few people with the same problem, but no resolution.
In PICNIK, there is a large white box that covers almost the entire right side of the screen. It seems to be a glitch or something with opening picnik up though the file manager. It happens EVERY time I need to edit a picture. Either a programmer or an admin needs to take a look at this because I am sure that I am not the only person who has this problem.

Is there any fix for it or do we have to wait until its patched?
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

Picnik is working fine for me... but it can be a problimatic app.

In the mean time just go staright to picnik.com instead of going through Yola.

You could check a couple of things... First amke sure your using a new version of a browser - Firefox 3.5 is my recommendation.

Then if you have a new browser version then make sure you have the newest version of flash installed go here and try to download the latest version http://www.adobe.com/products/flashpl...

Let us know if this fix's it.

Lee.
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I just installed the latest version of Adobe and it still does the same thing.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks Lee!

Hello Mike

Does Lee's suggestion work for you? Please let us know if you still have trouble with this.
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No it did not.
Photo of Kimberly

Kimberly

• 39 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This happens whenever the right side option bar is open in the Yola sitebuilder as you open your photo in Picnic. If you close the option bar before you open Picnic it should be okay.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks for that tip Kimberly! :)
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I will try this instead.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Let us know how this goes for you Mike, it will be useful for others as well.

Thanks,
Emmy
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
also mike let us know what browser your using Mike because it doesnt make any differnece if the sidebar is open or not for me in firefox.
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am using the latest version of Firefox and like I mentioned before I am using the latest download of Adobe flash.

I am still having the problem. And going through Picnik directly is just way to much extra/unnecessary actions.

I will just have to edit my photos BEFORE I upload them to my site with my Photoshop CS3
Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

Sorry to see you're frustrated!

Photoshop often saves images to have a CMYK color mode attached to them - which is not web friendly. You should be able to set your color mode to RGB-16bit and you will then be able to upload them.

An easy way to do this is instead of just selecting "save", choose "save for web" in Photoshop. The image will then be automatically saved in the correct format.

You probably know this already but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.