Latest SynthaSite Release: 19 Feb 2009

• Idea
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Implemented
SynthaSite just rolled out another release of new features today.

1) Layouts!
You asked for a way to create more professional looking sites. We listened. Click the new "Change Layout" button on the far left of your screen and select from 9 different options! You can start still with a blank page if you wish, or use a preset layout with drop zones to give you greater control over your content. Drag and drop widgets vertically OR horizontally to easily achieve the best look and feel. You can use the same layout for your whole site, or a different one on each page! The layouts work with all of our existing styles, so whether you are new to SynthaSite, or an old hand, you can start making use of this feature today. We look forward to seeing what all you wonderfully creative site builders do with it!

2) A new style.
We have added a new style called "Burlap" which is optimized for the new layouts. The Burlap style supports custom banner and background images, and there are four beautiful color palettes to choose from. There has never been a better time to build a new website, or give an old one a "make over"!

3) Searchable help topics!
SynthaSite has always offered tutorials and FAQs, but as we have grown into a more complex, feature rich tool we have recognized the need to grow our library of help files and make them searchable. Check out our new support page, and use the searchbox to ask any site building questions you have. If the answer isn't there - drop us an email. We will be sure to add it.
Additional features: submit a support query and check the updates online using your private code. Vote on the most and least helpful topics. Related links: Just read the basics or click through to other related topics if you want to learn more.

We are committed to making site building easier and more fun for all our customers. We look forward to your feedback on our latest release!
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
  • having a super day so far!

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Praise good i have been waiting for the columns, GOD BLESS SYNTHASITE
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Glad you are happy!
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Congratulations Monique and Synthasite,

They are very impressive additions.

I am so glad as a user we have advocacy and access to development through such a competent, efficient and attentive Community Support Manager and team
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Our diverse and wonderful customers along with our engineers, platform team, art department, user experience, business development, quality assurance, marketing department and all the others should come out and take a bow for this one! (All I did was write the post! )
Photo of yolafan

yolafan

• 135 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Congratulations ! amazing !
Photo of Casey Stubbs

Casey Stubbs

• 222 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Thanks for the updates. Keep up the good work.
Photo of yolafan

yolafan

• 135 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
low SynthaSite it's so fast after updating
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Monique,
Very good idea, now if only I could LOG IN to my account! seems the wheels fell off the site this morning?
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Joe,

We do disable logins while we update, but your site should be up and running normally now. Is this not the case for you?
Can you tell me what you see when you try to log in, or what error message you are getting.
I would like to help you get back into your site as quickly as possible.
Photo of Guido Graphics

Guido Graphics

• 558 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes
Outstanding!!!!
Photo of some kool guyz

some kool guyz

• 57 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
wow i dintl like the change layout button at first but now i love it!
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
I think you are going to be able to do a lot of cool things with this.
Photo of Joe

Joe

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Ruth,
Many thanks for getting back ref this problem.
I had also sent an email to support and the service and support was superb. Problem was solved within a few moments, guess some thing slipped whilst the update was taking place.

Now back on the site and many thanks again.
Quite frankly best site I have come across in some ten years of surfing.
Kind regards
Joe.
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks for letting us know that you were able to get back into your site Joe.
Photo of Cosmic Sensorium

Cosmic Sensorium

• 102 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
AWESOME! it just keeps getting better. =)
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Very cool....The 1 over 3 is going to work great for me on category pages that I was already heading towards doing anyway....It just got easier.
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
That's great to hear John!!
Photo of Steve

Steve

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Loving the page layouts. My site highlights programs that I am in charge of at a YMCA (www.ymcaalkids.org), and the more professional it can look, the better. Very easy and haven't noticed any bugs. I also like that more styles are offering customizalbe banners.

Additional note..... if you drop an object (i.e. a picture) into a zone that is smaller than the object, the zone will automacically re-size itself for the object, or you can re-size the object without having to take it to Picnik or photoshop and then upload it again.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Wonderful! Thanks for your feedback!
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Awesome new feature!!! This is perfect for my site!....Just a suggestion...instead of having to put a banner image for each page...are having to put some kind of widget in every page...synthasite should have a tool that will apply it to all pages...just a suggestion..Other than that....Rock on Synthasite!
Photo of CJ

CJ

• 25 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi there,

Latest Changes are very pleasing as it makes spaces adjustments very easy, Still a lot to come........

Regards,
Aasil