Link back to my web site from wordpress

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
  • Answered
I added a external link to a blog I have on Word Press. It works great! Now does anyone have any good idea's on how to link back to my web site once their on my blog in wordpress?
Photo of Country Gal

Country Gal

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confident

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Country Gal,
Are you wondering about how to get another blog to link to you; like how to approach the blog webmaster about putting a link to your blog? Let me know if this is what you are speaking of so I can give you the right information.

Emmy
Photo of Country Gal

Country Gal

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a web site with sythasite. I have a blog with Disqus.There is a problem between Disqus and my server over e-mail verification that I am unable to fix it,after weeks of trying. I now have a blog with wordpress. I did a external link to my wordpress blog from the menu of my web site. It works great! But once you go to my wordpress blog how do I make a link back to my web site without using the back button.
Thank You
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
what happens if you write your website url including the http://
if it does not link this way there must be another way to add a link to it, i have never used it, you would be better of searching your wordpress help pages.

good luck
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Country Gal,

You can create a text link back to your site in this format.

<!-- <a href="http://mysite.synthasite.com">Head Back To My Site!</a> -->

What this code does is puts the text "Head Back To My Site" on your page and makes it an active link, and when someone clicks on it they will be taken to the url "mysite.synthasite.com". You will just need to substitute your website address where it says mysite.synthasite.com and change the words that appear on the page to whatever you would like.

Note: You will see a < !-- and -- > at the beginning of the code; don't include that. I put that there so you would be able to view the entire code here.

Let us know if you have any trouble with this.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hi Country gal,

Emmy's solution works perfectly for a situation I have.

May I also suggest for you to consider making a visual link for this purpose. Use some aspect of your home page as the image so it's clearly identifiable, reduce it to a small icon size.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Good idea Peter! Making an image link!