If you need support from Yola please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
I am using an album maker called jalbum to put all my pictures and I can publish my album directly on ty my site from the jalbum software. When I try to publish it, it asks for server name, username and password. So, what is this going to be?
I signed up for the service you mentioned and as soon as they asked to download a program to use their feature I had to ask myself "Is it worth downloading and trying to make work with the system or is a simpler way available?" I will sometime later look at this program but haven't the time now...
The Flickr lightbox feature is easy to use and implement and is already at your disposal in the site builder. All you need to do is go to www.flickr.com and sign up for a free account and then upload all your images to your photostream.
The Flickr Lightbox widget allows you to quickly and easily create a slick photo gallery with thumbnails that link to larger images. Here's how it is done:
1) In the Content sidebar in SynthaSite, open the Photo Gallery folder
2) Drag and drop a Flickr Lightbox widget onto your page
3) In the properties sidebar: enter your Flickr account email address (usually a Yahoo! address) in the email address field
4) In the "Photo Count" field, enter the number of images you want to display.
5) In the "search" field, enter the tags of the photos you want to pull from Flickr (make sure you have added tags to your Flickr photos or you will not get the desired resultl)
6) Specify how many columns you want for your photo gallery
7) Click on the Image Size drop down menu to select: small square, thumbnail or medium sized images.
8) Finally, choose between a "modern" and a "plain" style for your photo gallery images.
9) Click the Apply button to update your photo gallery.
All done! Now save and preview your page. You will have a gallery of clickable images. In the top right hand corner of the large view of the images, click the "next" button to view the next image in the gallery. Click the "close" button when you are finished browsing through your gallery.
1) If there are privacy settings on your Flickr photos the search will not be successful. The photos need to be publicly available for it to work.