Logo in banner exist more than once

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
HI,

I added my logo in the banner (use style Emerald Sapphire Blue). But the logo exist more than one time in the banner. And I'd like it to show just once. What do I do wrong?

Kind regards,
Paul
Photo of Paulus

Paulus

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • happy with yola

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello Paulus,

The Emerald theme's banner is intended to tile across the top of the style and the recommended dimensions are 59x140px.

One of our users has found a workaround and you can view it on this link: Help with Emerald theme.

If you would like help to choose a different style, please check out our style guide: Yola Style Guide.

I hope you will be able to find a style that will work for you.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Paulus

Paulus

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks for quick reply Emmy,

I tried before that workaround, but I've choosen the style because it's the most effective way to different screen solutions. But I've got an idea, because the background is white, I can make the banner as big as the widest pages and fill the left site up with white.

I'm gonna try and let know in this topic later.

regards,
paul
Photo of Paulus

Paulus

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Doesn't is a solution. Still tiled it. on higher resolutions
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
Can you give us a link to your site so we can take a look. Thanks!

Emmy
Photo of Angela Spencer

Angela Spencer

• 86 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I think that the Emerald theme is corrupt. I have had many problems with it, including this one
Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hi Angela,

We'd love to see if we could assist in any way. Do you want to share the problems you've been having on your site, so that we could try resolve them for you?
Photo of Angela Spencer

Angela Spencer

• 86 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks Dre. I have had all the problems people mention above. It is a very tricky theme to work with.
Best regards
Angela
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
I agree with you on this. Ideally the style should be deprecated (new users should not be able to select it) or the banner image should not be editable. The problem with the latter solution is that many users have already edited their banner image and achieved results they are happy with, so we can't remove the "edit banner" function at this stage. The only solution is to remove the style as an option for any new users. I will make a recommendation to this effect. In the meantime I hope people reading this thread who would like to customize their banner image will read about these issues and select a different style instead, so thanks to everyone who commented here.
Photo of Angela Spencer

Angela Spencer

• 86 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Many thanks Monique