Members page

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
I have created a site for a friend of mine. A single over 40 year old who wanted to start a social club... I have seen on "free sites" that you can create a members page to invite members and "chat" to them... kind of like blogs but not blogs! How do i add something like that... to invite members... Its 1st time making site so tell me what you think. www.socialgettogether.com... No content, just layout so far...
Photo of SGTG

SGTG

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • unhappy

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
LOL. you may want to learn more if you are going to have a social site
Photo of SGTG

SGTG

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Most people here use the sites to make money....
I created a site because i thought it would be fun. At the same time, im helping my friend to do what she wants.... Sheesh, if i wanted someone to insult my every comment, id have posted a topic .... "Insult my every comment"
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
LOL. sorry i am a site reviewer i get paid by people to do that lol. Sorry tho i am helping you out in a way
Photo of SGTG

SGTG

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No problem. Im sure you're good at your job. But i assume there are a couple of people that have created a website and maybe even paid for them not knowing a thing about creating, Just like me. However.... you could give them credit for doing the best they can possibly do with the knowledge, if any, that WE HAVE
Photo of SGTG

SGTG

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Like i said, i do appriciate the advise. It has been helpful and at times.... Entertaining.
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
SGTG. if you would like some help i work with someone that works for facebook, If you need any help let me know i will pass it on to him..

I like your site its just i am seeing at a view from my knowledge you have a point and i am sorry :)

Thanks
Shaq
Photo of SGTG

SGTG

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No Shaquille, its ok... I honnestly dont mind the critisism.

I guess it can be frustrating for you guys too, having to explain stuff like to a 2 year old.
But i must say, it has been fun and i do want to learn as much as possible.
I know realise why you all got into IT. hehehe
I always thought it would be BOOOOORRRRIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!

Hehehehe... So NOT!!!
Photo of SGTG

SGTG

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I guess the site may not be descriptive enough....
I had to change the home page as my friend sayd it sounded like a "swingers" thing. I mentioned FUN and NEW EXPERIENCE and DO WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO BUT NEVER HAD THE COURRAGE TO DO and she said... Get rid of it!!!
Its for people over 40 to meet, have dinners, have drinks, have fun (Dancing, bowling, theatre, hiking, river rafting) Things they have never done before and probably wont beacause they are single and done have anyone to do it with.... and hey.... they may even meet someone they like....

Dont u get it!!!!! Im a glorified PIMP
hehehehe

Just kidding
Photo of SGTG

SGTG

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Im sure a "viewer" would find this discussion rather entertaining.......

Who else is reading this???
Hehehe
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
SGTG

I know you didn't want your site to be reviewed tho in about 20min the guy from facebook is doing his shift so i made your site number 1. I will tell him you are new to the entire concept tho i think this may help you allot in the future. If you could send an email to sitereviewers@yahoo.com we can send the review there or i could paste it here for you

I know IT is quite fun, and it keep you up to date with everything. Tho i recommend you wear Sometype of eye protection when you are at the computer for ages
Photo of SGTG

SGTG

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hehehe Im beginning to realise this!!! Thanks 4 the help and ideas.
Photo of SGTG

SGTG

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Do u work for facebook?
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
No i do not tho Jack does, He is a engineer. Facebook is a minor sponsor and helps out tho.I am more design and chatrooms
Photo of SGTG

SGTG

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
cool, so what chat rooms have you done?
Photo of Shaq

Shaq

• 868 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
LOL. Facebook messenger. Chatrunway (Coming soon). And a couple more which i can't posted due to the content
Photo of SGTG

SGTG

• 51 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok kewl.... sounds interesting.