Membership

• Idea
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Synthasite can allow the users of synthasite to have members of their own website.
Photo of Mimia

Mimia

• 3 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
  • curious

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of XP

XP

• 287 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
((EVERYONE CAN DO IT!))
I have a great idea for members!

First, make another website just basic like somebody had said.
The homepage need to be locked, all pages. Then you make another page, must make. Name is " Logged in ". Remember! DO NOT lock that page.
After that you can be registrain form by Yola others feature you do like.
And homepage and the logged in page you created must be the same content whatever. If not some publishers members will know the trick.

After that, go to www.jotform.com and make the login form.
Then, you make user and password. Required, and if user is: (example) abc if password is (example) 123 then it will go to that link.
And then, the basic " Thank You " when submitted, you write User/Password error. Because if your customer enter the correct user and password, automatic with bring your customer to the account.
Ah! Forgot to tell that forms made by Jotform is FREE! UNLIMITED FORMS! Can have auto sending to the people who submitted, great idea to make Registerian form with jotform.

But remember, it worked like Yola login, but only for less members to login. Maximum site you can make it only 5, if you do like to upgrade. OK...

Want to see my login form?
www.fungames122.com

Thanks, Mai.
((FG12-administer))
Photo of XP

XP

• 287 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Sorry, if you want to see the login form that I had made, go to my website [ URL given above ] then right side there are login/register click on login and you will see my login form.
--
Nazia ( Yola-worker ), I think this can worked for all your publishers members... while waiting for your real login. Everyone may do like that first. Hope this idea is acceptable!
Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Thanks for your suggestion, Mai! It's very helpful.
Photo of XP

XP

• 287 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
You are welcome, don't mention! I'm suppose to help..
Photo of williams

williams

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,
I,m Williams,
New on this site...
come here to say hey to all old members of this community.
I hope you all guys will enjoy here.....
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi williams,

Welcome to Yola. We look forward to getting to know you! Please feel free to ask questions about your site made with Yola and share your knowledge with others!
Photo of admin

admin

• 35 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I myself would like to see this added. It would actually make my website a lot better for those who have developed games and submitted them. They would be able to have profiles.

If I may make a suggestion, I believe you should allow the profile pages to be subdomains. For example - admin.games.jtylersarticles.org.
Photo of Shirley

Shirley

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
To me it sounds like a great idea.

Avi player http://avi-player.org/
Photo of Jesse Prescott

Jesse Prescott

• 49 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I just wish that yola would release a system where you can create a whole user interface like there own pages which you can update... Like i own a business www.kimskins.com where i have alot of wholesale clients which i would love if they had there own wee page where they can see the status of their order or download there invoices stuff like that but i want them to also have there own log in which they choose not the current password protect thing which is only good if you have a private site or something otherwise its useless really!!

SO YOLA PLEAAASEEE!!!
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Jesse,

Try authpro.com.

Yola won't be introducing this within any time soon. As mentioned on numerous posts, it simply isn't on the current road map. (and may never be because of security and space issues.)
Photo of Jesse Prescott

Jesse Prescott

• 49 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
can anyone help me with it?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
With authpro?
Photo of Jesse Prescott

Jesse Prescott

• 49 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
got authpro on my site check it out http://www.nz.kimskins.com/mykimskins... its great
Photo of David

David

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
I am the same... This would benefit my club website to allow a members only website.

I look forward to this happening.
Photo of samphillips97

samphillips97

• 48 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
For member systems use PoppyDog, best and most professional I have found

PoppyDog Web Tools
www.poppydog.com/
Photo of Mike Francis

Mike Francis

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
In order to gain access to my yola website I want visitors to enter their email address. I know it can be done on deal of the day type sites, frugaloo, groupon etc (below) ...but can I do it on Yola?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
visitor? email required or no entry to my Yola lola site!.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Mike

Please let me know if this thread doesn't answer your question.
Photo of misswolfcrazy

misswolfcrazy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
An app who other people kan log in like to log in on a online game,for example www.howrse.com

Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Hi misswolfcrazy,

As mentioned by samphillips97 in reply to a previous question, you might want to take a look at http://www.poppydog.com

Hope this helps!
Photo of robertglister

robertglister

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have set up a password protected website. But, I was wondering if there was a way to create different user names and passwords for different people, so that it is multi user?

Setting up multi user login..
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
For all of our awesome users who have implemented AuthPro, PoppyDog or any other membership login on their website, we would love for you to share your experience here. We really appreciate your feedback!
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
My experience with Poppy Dog was related to supporting a query that a user had and referred to their website. They had Poppy Dog installed on the query page as a security method. I noticed that the content momentarily flashed on screen before the lockout was effective. I repeated the entrance but interrupted the process with a combined CTRL+S. I was then able to access the secure content. Poppy Dog isn't secure
Photo of Jesse Prescott

Jesse Prescott

• 49 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I think this sort of thing would boost yolas customer service base massively! If the service was here it would make my life so much easier! I wish you guys would get onto this straight away!
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Thanks for your feedback Jesse.
Photo of USMCStenclik

USMCStenclik

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I need to set different passwords for different pages on my yola site. I can't seem to see how, but I need to know how. can anyone help? my yola site is on the free part, so can i even do so with a free site? please help.

Can I set different passwords for pages on my site? If so, how can I?.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Unfortunately you can't use different passwords for different pages of your site (free or paid for subscriptions) using the Yola Password Protection. You can select specific pages to protect with the one password.

Authpro.com is a system where registered users can gain access to a site or pages within a site. I don't know if you can set specific pages with different accounts though. Authpro.com has a free subscription service for up to 10 members then for more you need to have a paid subscription. My suggestion would be to try the free one if it interests you. You would then be able to find out if it suited your needs.

The person who has published the most stuff or protected sites and pages is Nathan Johnson. You may be able to contact him on this thread by leaving a post. I know he's a very busy person but may have the time to point you into a good direction.
Photo of Lego City News

Lego City News

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I heard about AuthPro but when I tried it, I could not get it to work. It always said that there was a problem. If anyone can help me with this, like instructions, please do!
Photo of Justin

Justin

• 117 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
hi everyone i currently use poppy dog ( http://www.poppydog.com ) and it works perfectly with no privacy issues at all. all my members have there own profiles and are able to login and have passwords and can request passwords if they forget them.
poppydog has the following features:

*membership registration system
*paid membership registration system
*email form (eg.contact form)
*Comment system
*member to member messaging
*forums
*photo centre (for member galleries)
*guestbook
*poll system

all those features are free apart from paid membership which costs £3.20 (GBP) or $5 american dollars.

you can also remove poppydog branding (its not worth it as the branding is tiny and in the corner that is mainly un-noticable.)

and they now have a beta version of being able to advertise with them which is currently free.

the owners of poppydog.com and theyre services are very friendly and i have been in contact with them to get help on setting up and requesting new features.

i highly recommend poppydog to anyone who wants these features as they work perfectly and it only involves copying and pasting html code into the html boxes in the widgets area in your yola website editor.

if you would like to see an example of the services working then visit this site ( http://www.auroraflora.co.uk ) where i have set up most of the above features.

http://www.auroraflora.co.uk