Menu issues

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Im trying to create a menu like the one on www.scoobyparts.com where you click on a menu item and it opens up below with all contents, i cant find a code generator for this can anybody help me on this
Photo of darrell duke

darrell duke

• 30 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Darrell

Right now our styles we do not support creating drop-down menus. Although it is probably not quite what you have in mind, here is a link to a tutorial which gives you an alternative way to handle subpages: Creating Subpages.

It is also possible to add a drop-down menu to the body region of your page using custom HTML. Here is a link to an article that tells you how to do it: http://personal-computer-tutor.com/dr...

To implement this in Yola you would:

1. Drag and drop an HTML Widget onto your page.
2. Paste the code generated from the above link into the HTML Editor.
3. Edit the code to replace their examples with the items you want on your list - you need to edit the URLs and the display text.
4. If the items on the list are links to other websites, paste the URLs for each website into the example code. If the items on the list are pages in your site, you need to replace the URLs in the example code with the URLs of your pages. The easiest way to get the URLs is to publish your site and copy them from your browser window. Paste them into the code. Click on "Save" and republish your site.

You can also find information on creating drop-down menus on this site: http://yolacodes.yolasite.com/.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.
Photo of darrell duke

darrell duke

• 30 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
this isnt what i mean i know i have to html myself a sbelow
Photo of darrell duke

darrell duke

• 30 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your reply its appriciated but a theme is starting to become apparant here, everything i want to do on my website is not supported or not allowed, maybe i need a new host.

I know yola dont have these menus on there sitebuilder but as you can see on my shop ive created one already i just cant find the codes i need to make it like i want it, surely sumbody can supply the help i need to modify the code, alternativly how do i create a picture style button with a border round it as a hyper link, i can use this design but i would prefere a menu which is always on the left of the website and the content opens int he right hand side is this frames i need,
Photo of darrell duke

darrell duke

• 30 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
www.j-autos.com/online shop this is my menu but i dont like its layout, i prefer the style on www.scoobyparts.com all i want to know is how to change it to that. sorry if i wasnt clear before
Photo of darrell duke

darrell duke

• 30 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of darrell duke

darrell duke

• 30 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
sorry for duplicates it wasnt working then posted all in one go :(
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Hi, Darrell,

Are you wanting just an accordion menu or an accordion menu that also opens up the content on the right? Finding a code that does both is proving to be difficult. I found this: http://www.stunicholls.com/various/mo...
Which has the content appear on the right but it is not an accordion. Maybe one of our users has a code for this?

There is also this: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicin... but it is really meant for images. I will keep looking through my bookmarks and see if I come up with anything else!
Photo of darrell duke

darrell duke

• 30 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
www.j-autos.com/online-shop this is my menu but i dont like its layout, i prefer the style on www.scoobyparts.com all i want to know is how to change it to that. sorry if i wasnt clear before and once ive had a n answer my post doesnt seem to be answered any further am i doing sumthing wrong on here. I have a minor grasp of html menu's etc just dont know how to change it to the style i prefer. Also struggling making buttons with picture hyperlinks etc

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
help !!.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Darrell,
Was the information that Diane gave you above helpful at all? Here is a link with information on creating buttons with links if what you are wanting to do is create image links: Creating picture links.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Hi again,

If you simply want an accordion menu there is a nice tutorial with code here:
http://www.stemkoski.com/stupid-simpl...
Photo of Keara

Keara

• 325 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Very snazzy site, Darrell! I hope you'll be able to do the things you want and stay with Yola. The staff here is very well informed, and there are also some very knowledgeable users. Give folks a couple of days to see your post and react to it. In the meantime, I think your site has a terrific beginning and I bet it will turn out as you wish.
Photo of darrell duke

darrell duke

• 30 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I do like Yola if im honest but there does seem to many limitations, I am trying to work around all the issues though so hopefully il be able to stick with this
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello Darrell,

We are very glad that you are using our community forum to seek answers. Yes, we do have limitations, though I believe we offer many fantastic features that will help to make your site a 'stand-out' one, here is just a short list:
1. Free Sitebuilding and hosting.
2. The option to publish your site to a free subdomain, a domain bought from Yola (19.95 USD per year) or a domain you already own.
3. We will never place pop-up or banner ads on your site.
4. Build your site quickly and easily - drag and drop or point and click. No HTML knowledge required.
5. Features including: text and image editing, HTML editor, password protection, integration with Flickr, YouTube, WidgetBox, PayPal Shopping carts.
6. Create a website, blog or a combination of the two.
7. Add an unlimited number of pages to your site.
8. All features that are currently free will remain free and many new free features will be added.
9. Exciting collection of premium features, but these will always be entirely optional.

Keep in mind that you can contact us at support@yola.com where we are proudly offering 24/7 support to our customers. We hope you consider staying with us!

Cheers!