Mobile site and shop - shop does not appear

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
I have store on my Yola page.
On mobile version of my Yola site shopp does not appear! That is the problem.

Why I need mobile version?
Ecwid store is not visible for search engines. They have 3 solutions for SEO.
1. Upload some .php files - Yola does not allow that
2. Build up Mobile store. - That option is disabled for Yola users in Ecwid control panel.
3. Make your catalog page by page - No way. In Yola is that option absolutely ridiculous and managing store does note have sense.

Solutions:
1. Please fix your shop - mobile version and make visible for search engines.
2. Enable Ecwid configuration for mobile store and I will add subdomain to my store.
3. Allow uploading .php files (or add them by default) to enable Ecwid SEO solution No1 and create widget for adding php code for Ecwid shop.
4. Send us instruction to shut down Yola account.
Photo of LS

LS

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • sad

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi LS,

According to our system you have purchased Yola Online Store from us. However, when I check your widget with your Online Store on your home page, I can see that you didn't add your Online Store using the Online Store Widget, rather you used code in an HTML Widget. You should add your store to your site by using the Yola Online Store Widget which you can find in the "Basic" folder of the Widget Menu for better performance.

Mobile Publishing doesn't support custom code yet, so it will only display your Yola Online Store if you add it via the Online Store Widget. To see an example, please view this Yola Online Store on your smartphone for your reference: http://chillhaekeln.yolasite.com/shop....

I'm sorry that Yola Online Store doesn't yet offer the option to incorporate SEO. We care about this feature request and have brought it to the attention of our product team and our partners.

Allowing to upload .php files can potentially cause serious problems when used incorrectly, which is why Yola hasn't been allowing to use such files for site building. I have forwarded your suggestion to enable a mobile version of Yola Online Store as it is offerred by Ecwid.

If you want to cancel your subscription, we'd be sorry to see you go, but in order to proceed with your account management request, please contact us direct."
Photo of LS

LS

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi

OK, my fault I have forgot I have add it using HTML widget. I have used HTML widget because I want more than 3 columns in store in grid view.

I can fix mobile site adding Online Store widget but what about SEO. Would be mobile version visible for search engines? Can I reach XML sitemap from mobile version to add it in Google Webmaster Tools?

About .php files. I understand you do not allow custom .php files generally.
BUT, it is only 3 unique files from Ecwid. I suggest you to add that folder with these 3 files to every account who bought shop. Who want to use them - will use, who not - he would not even see them.
User just have to add part of .php code. I believe is not possible to add it through HTML widget, but you can create that widget easy with that code:
include "%PATH%/ecwid_catalog/ecwid_catalog.php";
$params['store_id'] = YOUR_ACTUAL_STORE_ID;
$params['ecwid_show_seo_catalog'] = true;
echo show_ecwid($params);

I would like to add some additional parameters as it now in Store widget and additional parameters (in php files and widget) like:
$params['ecwid_pb_productspercolumn_grid'] = 3 ...

SEO is very important for any shop.
I think you need small effort to reach perfect solution.

I will check how SEO works with this setup. If does not work well i will be forced to move to another more flexible platform. I like your site builder, but purpose of my store is to be visible for search engines and to bring customers on my page.