Moving the site I created @ SynthaSite

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
If I host the site I created on SynthaSite somewhere else, can I still make changes to my website after it is published?
Photo of computer struggle

computer struggle

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • SO confussed!

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of annoyer707

annoyer707

• 294 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
yes you can
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
i dont think so..!!
if use redirect it, then editing is possible. But if you host it somewhere, you would simply download the whole setup, and upload on other host, so you wont be able to edit it with synthasite.

I m not 100% sure about my answer
Photo of annoyer707

annoyer707

• 294 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
i think monica's right but you should still wit for an official answer from a synthasie employee
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Yeah, you should wait for an official Rep. to answer, thats the reason i added in my lat post that i m not 10% sure :-)

computer struggle

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Monica, I was worried about that. I will wait to see if an employee answers.
And annoyer707, make up your mind!
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
You are welcome. Though i shouldn't poke my nose much, but why "make up your mind!" for annoyer??? :o

computer struggle

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Because the first response annoyer made was "yes you can" and after your first reply about not being sure annoyer responded "i think monica's right"
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
ohh!! silly me, i didnt notice :-)

computer struggle

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You're fine! I just need people to respond who know the answer instead of spewing out whatever they want to say. I appreciate your response & honesty.
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
:-)
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi computer struggle

Monica and annoyer are both right in a way.

The site you built will always be available in your SynthaSite account for editing and updating even if you download your site as a zipped file and host it elsewhere.

However, to put your changes live you would need to re-download your site and re-upload it to the servers of your hosting provider each time.

If you host your site with us (either using a free subdomain or a domain of your own) you can update it with a single click - so it is a lot easier to make changes.

This is an excellent question and a very important consideration when deciding where to host your site. Thank you for asking it.

I hope this information helps you to decide which option is right for you.

Best wishes
Monique
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Yeah, that sure was an option hat came to my mind as well, but uploading the whole set up again and again is a tedious job, isn't it?
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Yes. That is why it is good to know what you are in for. Thanks for your help on this "while we were sleeping"!
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
:-)