Multiple music tracks: A player?

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
  • Answered
has anyone here embedded a player to play multiple tracks from music stored on their own site. I don't mean from external sites? Probably internal spiff files.

I need some help on this one.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
  • confident

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hey,

I have something that i use and find effictive! It is a multiple music player.

1. Go to http://www.ning.com and create your own social network.

2. Add the music player app. Here you can upload to 100 tracks off your computer on the music player.

3. Get the embedded code on the music player and paste it into a html widget on your synthasite.

Check out this link to my test page for an example http://exampletestsite.synthasite.com/test/

Tell me if this helps!
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hello Beth,

When you add the music player app, on the app it should say 'add music', click on this and a new page should come up promting you to upload music from your computer.

Ask if you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer!
Photo of Beth

Beth

• 44 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
you mean on that ning.com.. i will need to add new webpage then the *add music will show up*??
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hey Beth,

I'm not really understanding your question. You have to make your own social network on ning.com .When you have done this you add the music player or 'jukebox' app to your social network.. then on the app click add music and you should be able to upload your music from your computer. Does this answer your question?
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
I set up my ning awhile back and I'm not to sure but I think it is the jukebox app.. here's a link to my ning if this helps .. http://realmusicpage.ning.com/
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
I think that your app has been replaced? The jukebox says something about a blank canvas and no HTML is apparent
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hopefully these pictures will solve any problems you may have:

1.Click on the 'Manage' tab on your ning. Then click on 'features'.

2.Click on the 'music' feature, drag it over to the layout of your ning and drop it where you want it.

3. Click on '+add music'.

4. Click on 'browse' and add any music you want from your computer. When your finished click 'upload songs'.

5. Click here then select 'share' to get the embedded code.

Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Got it. Thanks Connor
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Connor on your synthasite page can you view the playlist file?
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
No I don't think so.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hi Connor,

Thanks for searching this out. The real issue is the playlist.

I have found a number of XSPF players around suitable for embedding. Everyone of them has been set up to stream in music from various feeds. The creation of these playlists is really easy and invisible in the sense that you don't have to play with code.

The XSPF (playlist) file format is standard and uses XML and it's portable from one XSPF player to another. You can create this code with a simple text editor but It's very repetitious for a number of songs and the error rate is very high. There are various "validators" around but they only work for off site feeds. Not for on-site.

Your player is the first I have come across that can produce the playlist for on-site music. I would really like to see the playlist it produces for this reason.
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hi Peter,

You should find any answers you want from looking at the player in ning. Are there many other players out there that update when you make changes like the ning one?
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
I haven't really worked out the ning player completely yet, (or Ning). So honestly I'm not sure. . :)

The difference being that it can produce the playlist from music you have on your site (ning ie). I don't know if that is an effect of the player design or the playlist creation. It's a very neat package isn't it?
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Thank you Connor for leading us here.
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Yes it is very neat! I like the way that if you add songs to it, the changes will show up anywhere you have embedded it. Also ning isn't a bad site ethier.