My blog is doing something funny.

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
every time I try to take something off my blog and I delete the widget It deletes everything on my blog, including stories, widgets, etc.
Photo of Laura

Laura

• 148 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
That definitely shouldn't happen.

Laura does that mean that you have to redo the whole blog again from the beginning, typing the stories etc?
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
laura,

i think you may possibly have some rogue code stuck on your page somewhere. It maybe introduced when you add a widget.

The blog is difficult for users to debug so I recommend that you send an email to support@yola.com. Tell them what you see.

They may get back to you asking if you will share your login details with them. That's OK to give them. They don't keep the details it just allows them access to your blog.

I hope you can get this fixed real soon.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Laura,

We've received your email in Support, and I will answer you here and reply via email.

The blog widgets on your site are contained within a two-column widget (see pic). If you delete that two-column widget, all of the widgets contained in it will be deleted.

If you would like to delete a particular widget, you'll need to click on the 'x' on the top right of that particular widget:

If that is what you are doing and all of the widgets are deleting, could you let us know which particular widget you are deleting and this is happening?