My domain name and my site tab name are different, change?

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
My domain name and my site tab name are different. So when I go to my site www.xericscape.com the page opens and the broser tab says something else - how can I change this?
Photo of cysax

cysax

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hello cysax,

I have looked at your site by the link you have given. I can't see what you are meaning. It would be good if you can take a screen shot and demonstrate what you mean.

Maybe I have misunderstood what you mean by "site tab name"

I'm happy to help on this.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
OK. Think I see what you are referring to. Your tab says Dacoscape? Your Page Title says Xeriscape.

This is a very unusual web -site as you have used a lot of MS word to opy & paste content. A word of caution here,. this process can cause problems as some of the code introduced by MS Word can actually jam your site. It's always worth pasting copied material into Notepad and then copyin from there into your page.This process will completely strip invalid code from the copied content.

The other thing that maybe you should consider is the copyright implications. It is so easy to step into this issue and be caught innocently. It is important to be confident that you have the rights to use material if it's produced by someone else. Unlawful use can be a reason for the DMCA to call for closure of a site.

To change the tab name:

Select the Edit Menu as shown above

Choose your page from the menu selctions that you wish to change the Tab on

Simply type the new tab name in the field as shown. OK and you're done.

Each of these images can be expanded by simply clicking on them.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Nice answer with lots of useful detail. Thanks, Peter!
Photo of Yola_User_A

Yola_User_A

• 276 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
If you don't mind me asking, What program is this that lets you take a picture of the screen and post it here???
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
I use MW Snap from http://www.mirekw.com/

There are many others around as well.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Thanks Monique, Got lost on the definitions though. Lost it :(
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Cysax

To add to what Peter has shared (great tips for editing the menu and some good advice about copyright), you also need to edit your Window Title. My guess is that you renamed your site at some stage. When you do this your window title doesn't update automatically. You need to do this manually. To change your window title:

1) Click on the "Properties" tab in the sidebar on the right.
2) In the box marked "Window Title" type in your desired name
3) Update your site

The new title will then show in the browser tab/window.

Hope this helps. Get back to us if you have any further questions.
Photo of Eleshea

Eleshea

• 23 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This information was helpful. I was having trouble with my website as well.
Photo of ruth hendricks

ruth hendricks

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
this shouldn't be something i should have to fix I'm paying yola for a site they should keep it up and working properly! i signed on with them because they promise ease of use but it's been nothing but nightmares! with slow response rates!!!!
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Ruth,

Can you tell us about the problem(s) you are experiencing?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Ruth

I second what Gop says. Please give us more details about the problem you're having. As this thread is very old and the subject may not be related to your problem, can I ask you to open up a new thread and label it as a problem? Thanks.