My yola page is gone and I did not delete my page

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
I was editing my page and now nothing is showing up at all! It is blank, including my website. softwarehut.net Can someone tell me what went wrong here? And NO I did not delete my page.
Photo of Stephen Oberhammer

Stephen Oberhammer

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • mad

Posted 5 years ago

Stephen Oberhammer

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

This is what I am getting. Where is my page??? And why it is not listed anymore? I did not delete it at all. I was editing it and now this happens. If this won't be fixed I want my money back and I will use a different site to do my page. Yola dosen't even have a Canada toll free number that works! Why?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Stephen,

We see that both your Sitebuilder and published site are blank and it's clear it's not due to deleting a page. My colleague and I have both looked into your Sitebuilder and I'm sorry to say we cannot explain what is happening so we have logged this for our engineers to investigate. We realize this is extremely urgent and we will follow up with you as soon as we know more.

Stephen Oberhammer

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is this a first time this has happened with your company? Cause I was just editing and then gave me a msg ' See you around. Don' t be a stranger' then it went blank.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Stephen,

That message is the logoff message. It is normally seen when you click on "my Yola" or "logout" within the sitebuilder and is normal. The message changes on a cyclical schedule.

If it displays without any action by yourself then I would clear your browser cache and try again.

Stephen Oberhammer

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well even when I logged back in it was all blank and nothing. Seems we got a good old mystery on our hands on what happened here. Hope it gets solved.

Stephen Oberhammer

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I went through all the steps already clearing the browser catch and all the other settings. And still nothing.
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
I can't say I've seen this before myself which is why our engineers will need to take a look Stephen.

Stephen Oberhammer

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sounds good Laura. Hey if it's the first time this is happening....... Can I get the problem named after me for future reference??? LOL.
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Sounds fair to me, and "The Oberhammer" has a nice ring to it!
Photo of Steve Oberhammer

Steve Oberhammer

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I like it!

Steve Oberhammer

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I thought I would let the night go through and maybe it would have been solved. It's 8am here now and nothing with my page as of yet. WOW, This must be a bigger problem them I thought. And my newer clients for my business that want to visit my so called site are asking me " why is there nothing showing up on my page? It's blank." I don't know what to tell them ;0(
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Steve I just went to your site and also saw it as blank. I then went to view source and there's a lot of custom code on that page. This suggests there is some dodgy or incomplete code which has bricked the site.

You could play around with Firebug if you use FireFox and see where the issue may be.

Stephen Oberhammer

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't know to much about that. I would rather the yola guys to fix it Gop . That's what there getting paid to do.
(Edited)
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Here's hoping.

Steve Oberhammer

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Gop...if your online right now pass over to me your FaceBook handle and I'll add you up. Seems you know a little more about this than I do. I don't have time waiting all day for Yola to get back to me. Just pass it in and I'll add you up then.

Steve Oberhammer

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey Yola....where is this 24/7 help you say you guys have??? I'm waiting for how long for my page to get fixed and it's still the same way as it was yesterday! Do you treat all your clients or Gold members all the same way? This is tacking too long ok.

Stephen Oberhammer

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
:-)
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Stephen

It's true that we're here to help, however, users who add custom code to their Yola websites do this at their own risk and should therefore deal with it very carefully. As Gop outlined above, adding invalid or incorrect custom code can break pages of your website and sometimes make your whole website inaccessible, even for us in the worst case.

We're still busy investigating on the error occurring in your Yola account and will update you on this thread as soon as we have any news.

Steve Oberhammer

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Who said I used a custom code???? I'm using whatever tools you guys provided me with! I used nothing custom about it ok. And if your website cannot handle certain things that go onto a website....GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK and I will find another service to host my website! I don't like waiting till the problem gets solved. It should be somewhat easy for your engineers to figure this out. I have a business to run! This is not a game. I paid a service with you guys...TOP SERVICE and this is what I get?! You don't even have a valid toll free number that works for Canada or the States! This could be a scam for all I know.
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Been watching this thread and biting my lip... so what the heck, here goes! "I have a business to run!", "TOP SERVICE"! and then you play "Smoke on the water" when people enter your site!... c'mon, get real! I think Stefan's been more than patient and polite with your abuse. You stuffed up not Yola, admit it!

Stephen Oberhammer

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't think I asked for your 2 cents worth boomer. But then again, why would I care?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Steve

I understand your anger as I know how frustrating it can be to not have access to one's website. In most cases this kind of problem is a matter of code incorrectly added. Let's try to keep an atmosphere of mutual respect when posting. We're doing our best to assist you further and sort out problems as soon as possible.

Our engineers have indentified the cause of the error. There was a problem with the tracking code which you had added to your tracking code section. The code was probably a bit longer than it should be. This caused your website to break and not to show in your Sitebuilder and on the internet.

The problem has been fixed for you, and you should now be able to view your website in your Yola Sitebuilder again. You'll need to republish your website in order to make it accessible on the internet again as well.

If you'd like to try adding your tracking code again, please carefully follow the steps of our tutorial Adding analytics. If it is another tracking code that you want to add, please let us know, and we may be able to assist you with that as well.

Steve Oberhammer

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
That did not take long now did it? What the main goal I am trying to do with the code or say Google Code, Bing Code, Yahoo Code is to get it directly up for the search and using key words too. I have not had any success and the coding which I got from google or bing cause this problem. Now I am not familar with your instructions how to have this done properly. Can you team do this for me please?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Steve

Looking at the corrected code of your Site Tracking Code section, it seems like you wanted to add the Google Webmaster verification code to your Yola website. The correct way to do this with Yola is to use the Google Webmaster dialogue box which you can access via Site > Tracking > Google Webmaster. I've checked this section of your account and could see that the Google Webmaster verification code seems to have been added there correctly.

It will probably be difficult for us to add verification codes to your website for you because we would need to have access to your user accounts you have with the search engines.

However, if you'd need to have our assistance with this, I'd suggest that you send us your request via e-mail because it wouldn't be recommendable to post individual verification codes on our public Support Forum. This way we can protect your privacy. You're welcome to use our Contact Support Form to request further help. If you're happy with receiving steps on this forum to help you add verification codes yourself, please let us know on this thread.